Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Why are ccw steps different?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 08:26 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 112 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Damn straight!

Sounds like a great way to encourage people to seek help for their challenges.

Slingshot = "firearm" ? Oh yeah, about like horse = motor vehicle, good grief.
I'm not kidding,anything that can fire a dangerous projectile they consider a firearm,and also sitting on a bicycle with an open carried firearm is considered "concealed"because you are on a "vehicle",i'm not making this stuff up-I don't have that good of an imagination.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 09-30-2011, 08:39 AM   #12

Liked 101 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 219

i feel fortunate to live in wa, our state law calls it a slungshot as well

Old 09-30-2011, 05:32 PM   #13

A slungshot is not the same as a slingshot. A slungshot is also called a monkey's fist. It is a weight tied inside a heavy knot on the end of a long cord that is used as a weapon. They were used as weapons in the 19th century.

Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool

Old 09-30-2011, 06:01 PM   #14

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
When I went to register my last handgun purchase,the lady at the sheriffs office told me "now it's time to get your ccw",I informed her that the application says "must not have a diagnosed mental illness at the time application is made whether they are recieving treatment or not"she seemed baffled as to how I could buy a gun if I can't get my ccw,I then went to my doctor and she was a total anti gun person saying "you do have a mental illness"and "I will never reccommend someone coming in here to OWN guns",I was like,I already own them,that's not the issue".I don't get how a supposedly trained psychiatrist would tell someone with OCD and social anxiety disorder(extreme shyness) that I shouldn't even own a gun.But on the federal government guidelines,I dont' even have a mental illness,I have an anxiety disorder,but michigan defines it as mental illness,my state has way too much say into say whatever it wants,michigan is so dumb they classify a slingshot as a firearm.

I'm not a psychiatrist, but it just doesn't seem to me that OCD, and your particular social anxiety disorder should lead you to be dangerous. I'm sure I could be wrong but it just doesn't make sense to me.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:39 AM   #15

Liked 101 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodswalker View Post
A slungshot is not the same as a slingshot. A slungshot is also called a monkey's fist. It is a weight tied inside a heavy knot on the end of a long cord that is used as a weapon. They were used as weapons in the 19th century.
learn something new every day, additionally: original purpose is to toss mooring line.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:43 AM   #16

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodswalker
Thanks for the enlightenment, i knew that it didnt sound like an actual slingshot

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis