Why carry without bullet in the chamber? - Page 24
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Why carry without bullet in the chamber?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 02:05 AM   #231
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2367 Times on 1433 Posts
Likes Given: 2484

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Is it just me or is this getting just silly
Not just you!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

HOSSFLY Likes This 
Old 08-15-2013, 02:38 AM   #232

Liked 3137 Times on 1873 Posts
Likes Given: 2188

i still think carrying a revolver with an empty chamber doesn't slow you down AT ALL! its just pull & shoot! whether safer or not, is open for debate....but it doesn't change the fact that you can carry an empty chamber and be just as quick on a first shot as a chambered gun (if it is a DA revolver).

just a thought...not taking sides.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #233
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 841 Times on 610 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Not just you!
Not just you too!

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

HOSSFLY Likes This 
Old 08-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #234

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
i still think carrying a revolver with an empty chamber doesn't slow you down AT ALL! its just pull & shoot! whether safer or not, is open for debate....but it doesn't change the fact that you can carry an empty chamber and be just as quick on a first shot as a chambered gun (if it is a DA revolver).

just a thought...not taking sides.
Of course it won't---------------------
Pull the trigger its not going to fire on the chamber under the hammer anyway---

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 08-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #235
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3727 Times on 2284 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Pull the trigger its not going to fire on the chamber under the hammer anyway---
Right, so carry with two empty chambers. One where the hammer rests, and the next one in the cycle. That way, the first trigger pull doesn't do anything. But then you have that second trigger pull which could kill someone. Better go three empty chambers, just to be safe. Wait, what about that next trigger pull... Well clearly we should all just carry an empty gun with no rounds. We'd all be safer that way. *whew* glad I figured that one out. You're welcome, all.

Always have clean socks.

People Like This 
Old 08-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #236

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
Right, so carry with two empty chambers. One where the hammer rests, and the next one in the cycle. That way, the first trigger pull doesn't do anything. But then you have that second trigger pull which could kill someone. Better go three empty chambers, just to be safe. Wait, what about that next trigger pull... Well clearly we should all just carry an empty gun with no rounds. We'd all be safer that way. *whew* glad I figured that one out. You're welcome, all.
YUP___________________-

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 08-15-2013, 11:48 PM   #237
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2367 Times on 1433 Posts
Likes Given: 2484

OK, so now that we have that figured out, here's the extra credit problem: How many snap caps do you need to use to make a magazine safe? (Hint: All of them!)

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 08-15-2013, 11:54 PM   #238
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3727 Times on 2284 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota
OK, so now that we have that figured out, here's the extra credit problem: How many snap caps do you need to use to make a magazine safe? (Hint: All of them!)
Well first of all, you don't need more than 10 bullets to kill a deer, so I think 10 snap caps is sufficient for safety purposes. Better yet, just one. Every gun should be a one shot only ordeal. And the firing pin crumbles to dust right after you pull the trigger. That way you can't possibly go on a shooting spree.

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:19 AM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
i'm detecting notes of sarcasm....

its all jokes till one of you jokers puts one in your leg....and i'm fairly sure the guys who did that to themselves acted and talked the same as most of you....haw!

again, continue to say its impossible if it helps you sleep....but i know someone who dropped a chambered gun and IT WENT OFF through his door!!! once you KNOW that CAN happen.... it changes your thought pattern. combine that with all these smart guys shooting themselves....and an intelligent person might tend to think about being as safe as possible in carrying or handling a firearm as much as possible.

feeling overly confident and secure in handling deadly items most often leads to the worst accidents.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:21 AM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
thanks captain obvious! but i didn't say which chamber or even how many...