Why carry without bullet in the chamber? - Page 22
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Why carry without bullet in the chamber?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #211
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 531 Times on 321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister

Four categories:
1. Police/Intelligence
2. Military/Royal guards
3. Criminal
4. Terrorist (IRA)

Wonder which one Manta is....
Ya I was thinking the same thing .

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 08-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #212

Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

I think this is why people carry unchambered weapons. Its cool to carry a gun but a loaded gun is dangerous. They have reached the age where they can legally purchase one and its a right of passage into adult hood but in their day to day lives, 99% of the time they will not be placed in a life or death situation. An unloaded gun makes you a victim and adds another firearm to the criminal network.

I can only think that most people who carry unloaded do so because they lack the proper training, lack confidence in how to safely carry a fire arm, or are scared of it more than they respect.

I think concealed carrying an unloaded weapon is extra crazy because you have to draw a weapon that the bad guy doesn't know you have and then chamber it so its ready for action.

This is like pulling a knife out with the sheath still on it.
Carring an empty revolver but keeping the bullets in your pockets.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #213
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 458 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Can you even carry in the UK ?
Quote:
Ya I was thinking the same thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister
Four categories:
1. Police/Intelligence
2. Military/Royal guards
3. Criminal
4. Terrorist (IRA)

Wonder which one Manta is....
Yes you can carry in the part of the UK I live in. Take your pick.
1 Prison officers.
2 Serving and x members of the police and army.
3 Civilians that are considered to be under terrorist threat.
4 Politicians and their security guards.

Quote:
I can only think that most people who carry unloaded do so because they lack the proper training, lack confidence in how to safely carry a fire arm, or are scared of it more than they respect.
That's a big assumption to make without knowing peoples background and their training or lack of training. Some might call it an arrogant attitude.

Last edited by manta; 08-12-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #214
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Yes in the part of the UK I live in, not everyone.
1 Prison officers.

That's a big assumption to make without knowing peoples background and their training or lack of training. Some might call it an arrogant attitude.
Fair enough Manta.

OK let us guess what Manta is 1 to 4.

I say number 3 because I am just grumpy today. Plus, it makes for a good story. I also think you are under threat from some of the forum members anyway, so you must be used to it.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:52 AM   #215
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 728 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 1734

My first comment on this thread: if I have time to rack the slide, I potentially have time to assess the situation and hopefully find a way to back out without pulling my gun. Unfortunately, life doesn't always give you enough time. If I'm pumping gas, minding my own business, and some meth-mouth comes up with a knife or a gun, the last thing I want to be concerned with is chambering a round. My gun is carried for those last-resort, out-of-the-blue situations where it's literally life or death (mine), and if I draw, I want to draw and if necessary pull the trigger and have it go BANG! If I want to use it as a club, it'll be after the slide locks back.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-13-2013, 01:58 AM   #216
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner View Post
I think this is why people carry unchambered weapons. Its cool to carry a gun but a loaded gun is dangerous. They have reached the age where they can legally purchase one and its a right of passage into adult hood but in their day to day lives, 99% of the time they will not be placed in a life or death situation. An unloaded gun makes you a victim and adds another firearm to the criminal network.

I think concealed carrying an unloaded weapon is extra crazy because you have to draw a weapon that the bad guy doesn't know you have and then chamber it so its ready for action.

This is like pulling a knife out with the sheath still on it.
Carring an empty revolver but keeping the bullets in your pockets.
ummm....Barney Fife comes to mind!

Quote:

Yes you can carry in the part of the UK I live in. Take your pick.
1 Prison officers.

well i guess i have the same arrogant attitude, because it pretty much mirrors my opinions on carrying unchambered as well. lack of proper training, lack of confidence in themselves or their chosen pistol. either way, carrying an unchambered pistol, is IMO about the same as not carrying.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:26 AM   #217

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
I can think of a few reasons.
If you are going to carry unchambered you may as well not carry. The inability to properly handle your gun has nothing to do with this discussion. Accidents don't happen, they are well planned with a lot of stupidity, carelessness and arrogance. If you are going to carry for protection, then not have the gun ready....what exactly is the point? Drawing you gun is the last resort, when that time comes it better be ready. And guns do not go off unless you pull the trigger.

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #218

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Duplicate post

Last edited by austin92; 08-13-2013 at 08:09 AM.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #219

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta

I can think of a few reasons.
Forgot one.
image-3935333239.jpg  

Old 08-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #220

Liked 2544 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
If you are going to carry unchambered you may as well not carry. The inability to properly handle your gun has nothing to do with this discussion. Accidents don't happen, they are well planned with a lot of stupidity, carelessness and arrogance. If you are going to carry for protection, then not have the gun ready....what exactly is the point? Drawing you gun is the last resort, when that time comes it better be ready. And guns do not go off unless you pull the trigger.
Well I might as well not carry, but I

do. I'm, IMO not arrogant, or careless

enough, in my own home, to carry with

a round in the tube. But thank you for

tolerance.

Welcome to the United States of America,

BTW.

How are you enjoying your visit?