Why carry without bullet in the chamber? - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Why carry without bullet in the chamber?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 04:11 AM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 109 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post

Wise words in the world we share today.

Right, the price could and can be your freedom and quality of life.

AR10 is correct in his meaning and in that ppl are different after being involved in shootings, whether being shot, shot at, shooting AT someone, shooting and wounding someone or shooting and killing someone. I feel too many times these are small to non existent after thoughts of a lot of ppl, when in fact they should be foremost....
Yes, i believe its a good idea to have not only a 2a lawyer on stanby, but also someone qualified to provide emotional counseling as well. And not just for firearms related incidents. Believe me, any sd incident, can and will have an impact on you.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:21 AM   #122

Liked 743 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

If George Zimmerman hadn't had one in the pipe, he would be dead right now.....he only had 1 hand free..no way to rack one in.

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 07-05-2013, 04:25 AM   #123

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl
If George Zimmerman hadn't had one in the pipe, he would be dead right now.....he only had 1 hand free..no way to rack one in.
If and buts.. There are a lot of them, conversely had he done as the dispatcher asked him to he wouldn't be going on trail and the other party would still be alive.. Not taking a side on that case, but that example is a poor choice as the facts has not been decided and the facts are not all out there. And unless you were there the entire time you can't say definitively how long or when the fatal round was chambered.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Last edited by deadsp0t; 07-05-2013 at 04:28 AM.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:31 AM   #124

Liked 743 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
If and buts.. There are a lot of them, conversely had he done as the dispatcher asked him to he wouldn't be going on trail and the other party would still be alive.. Not taking a side on that case, but that example is a poor choice as the facts has not been decided and the facts are not all out there. And unless you were there the entire time you can't say definitively how long or when the fatal round was chambered.
He did as he was told, He was on his way back to his truck when he was jumped, and we DO know that Martin was on top of him , smashing his head into the concrete (eyewitness)

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Last edited by readygirl; 07-05-2013 at 04:36 AM.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:33 AM   #125

Quote:

You need to aquaint yourself with the facts of the case before you go off half cocked like some liberal troll.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:28 AM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildenton

You need to aquaint yourself with the facts of the case before you go off half cocked like some liberal troll.
I personally don't take my facts from media outlets.
You sir are half cocked, and should calm down. Re read my post, I CLEARLY said I wasn't taking a side, but if you insist, I believe the man was within his rights, and I still think this is a terrible example because no one knows when the pistol was loaded. For one to speak as though they know when the pistol was loaded is BS because, you don't.

As far as I witness accounts go, I witnesses are unreliable, this is fact. We know what we've been told by the media and documents that have been released, people lie..
12 people will decide the truth in the end, anything else is just opinion or what's perceived as fact so un ruffle your panties already.

Back in topic, this case is a poor example at best, and if you know for a FACT that he was rolling around hot on neighborhood watch in a gated community, then you should probably be headed to FL to testify..

DISCE PATI

Last edited by deadsp0t; 07-05-2013 at 05:30 AM.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #127
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1009 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 221

Quote:
I personally don't take my facts from media outlets.
You sir are half cocked, and should calm down. Re read my post, I CLEARLY said I wasn't taking a side, but if you insist,.
It would be well worth your time to listen to the actual 911 tape and not what you think GZ was told...
"We don't need you to do that" is nothing more than a suggestion.

And a non LEO can't issue any "order" legal or otherwise.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux

It would be well worth your time to listen to the actual 911 tape and not what you think GZ was told...
"We don't need you to do that" is nothing more than a suggestion.

And a non LEO can't issue any "order" legal or otherwise.
Given how things have played out and the make up of the jury about to judge him and determine his fate, sounds like a pretty good suggestion.

Regardless of how he got to this point, he's going to trial for killing a man, a situation that in all likelihood could have been avoided. Hope I never find myself in his shoes.

DISCE PATI

Old 07-06-2013, 12:08 AM   #129
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

personally, i say let's get back on track of the discussion of whether to chamber or not to chamber......

George Zimmerman's fate is now in th hands of a jury. let's open up another thread and discuss his fate.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:06 AM   #130

I think it all depends on the platform. Something like a cz27, i wouldn't feel comfortable carrying with one in the pipe. Granted i probably wont carry a cz27. A hi point, another one that i would be uneasy about.