Why 380 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Why 380

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2014, 11:25 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I like the .380 and the pocket guns that go with it. With that said, the availability and the price of .380 over 9mm or .38 special just doesn't make sense to me which is why I sold my BG .380. I am looking to replace it with a S&W 642 or 638 for my pocket carry.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:37 PM   #22
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1970 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 586

The police of many countries in Europe carried 380's. This changed with the Muslim terrorist problem.
I carried a 380 when the only ammo available was hardball. Now it is XTP's. If I cant get XTP's I will carry hardball.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

eatmydust Likes This 
Old 06-28-2014, 04:10 PM   #23

Liked 1139 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 49

I own one of the Llama .380's that look like a small government model. I bought it because I got it years ago for next to nothing; I have never seriously considered using it as a carry weapon. However. . .

. . . it is a neat little gun. It has a nice solid feel to it, and, as long as you use fmj ammo, it feeds reliably. It would be a heck of a lot better than no gun at all.

The attached pic is of the same model as mine, but is a stock photo and not of my particular gun.

File Type: jpg llama.jpg (9.7 KB, 57 views)

Old 06-28-2014, 04:47 PM   #24
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2548 Times on 1246 Posts
Likes Given: 1284

I carry a Kahr P-380 on occasion with light clothing because I can conceal it easily! And having one on you is much better by far than having a larger pistol left in your car glove box when you might need it! Not to mention the possibility of it being stolen as my grand daughters larger 9mm was recently in Indinapolis.
But agreeing with many I do like larger calibers. I most of the time anymore carry a Springfield XDS in 45 ACP in a De Santis Ankle Holster. Or if wearing a loose shirt or covered with a jacket or sports coat in a paddle holster.
But with the right ammunition and the plan to shoot multiple shots on target there is nothing wrong about carrying a 380 Pistol. Personally it is the smallest caliber I would ever consider carrying.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 06-28-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:33 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1931 Times on 1338 Posts
Likes Given: 988

I shot 75 rounds today from the new Glock 42. Outstanding.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:06 PM   #26

Liked 381 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDeShivs View Post
You can't build a 9mm as small as you can a .380.
The .380 overall length is shorter.
Which is why the 380 is also known as the 9mm short.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:48 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1579 Times on 1077 Posts
Likes Given: 544

I have carried a small revolver that was chambered for a 22 short. Lots of people gave me grief over the little toy revolver. I gave it to a game warden who kept me out of prison more than once. He was arresting two men for spotlighting and one of them hit him in the head with a lug wrench. He was so dazed he didn't draw his service revolver. He drew the 22 short and killed both men deader than hell with 2 shots to the head. A small pocket pistol is no joke in the hands of someone who will pull the trigger.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 06-29-2014, 01:09 AM   #28

Liked 313 Times on 220 Posts

Wow, nice story! Didn't see that one coming.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk