Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Whole Foods Customer survives multiple shots... Hows that Gun Free Zone workin for ya

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Whole Foods Customer survives multiple shots... Hows that Gun Free Zone workin for ya

Funny that Liberals never have any explanation as to why their "Gun Free Zone" didn't stop a CRIMINAL from having a gun!!!

http://bearingarms.com/customer-survives-being-hit-multiple-times-when-whole-foods-gun-free-zone-forcefield-fails-in-dallas/

"... I simply cannot stand by and watch a right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States come under attack from those who either can't understand it, don't like the sound of it, or find themselves too philosophically squeamish to see why it remains the first among equals: Because it is the right we turn to when all else fails. That's why the Second Amendment is America's first freedom. ..."
Charlton Heston
Speech to National Press club
September, 1997

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-02-2013, 02:16 AM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1251 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 440

Prohibition did not work and the drug war has not worked. What makes anti gunners think they can ban guns and they wont be smuggled in? The police will become targets to steal their guns. It will just start a new business opportunity for the mobs and cartels. Citizens will not be able to protect themselves and it will be wide open for the criminals. No sense of reality. Criminal do not obey the law. That is why they are criminals.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
If things get better with age, I am approaching magnificent.
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

People Like This 
Old 12-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #3

Liked 104 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Way back in 1978 my first writing assignment in college was a research paper on gun control. At that point I didn't have a strong opinion one way or the other. In fact, the topic was assigned to me. I didn't choose the topic. My conclusion was pretty easy to arrive at. Gun control laws don't work and, in fact, they may actually increase violent crime rates. One of the central points in my paper was the one that JTJ just stated in post #2. Criminals do not obey gun control laws because they are, by definition CRIMINALS. If I, as a snot nosed college freshman, could figure that out in just a few days of research in the college library then why do you think it's so difficult for liberal politicians, journalists and egg headed intellectuals to grasp? Simple. They don't want to grasp the concept. Accepting the truth would require them to abandon one of the central pillars of their statist agenda. Fact is, gun control has never been about crime control. It's all about people control.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #4
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4568 Times on 2295 Posts
Likes Given: 4712

Criminals may not observe laws but they certainly do recognize their usefulness. More as an opportunity to wreak sustained havoc than a "Should I do this" moment! About the only shooting spree ive heard of in the last 20 years that the perpetrator didnt take advantage of an unarmed population was the Navy Shipyard, he was just as suicidal as he was homicidal.

Understand, the liberal mindset values how things appear more than reality; criminals do as well, the mere appearance of overwhelming odds usually promotes success for the criminal, thats where they do their dirty work! Most criminals do not have a death wish for themselves, just for their victims. GFZ's might as well keep the Coroner on speed-dial instead of 911. Good news is customers in GFZ's all died healthier than in Non GFZ's, thats a selling point....!

Old 12-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #5

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackxpress
Way back in 1978 my first writing assignment in college was a research paper on gun control. At that point I didn't have a strong opinion one way or the other. In fact, the topic was assigned to me. I didn't choose the topic. My conclusion was pretty easy to arrive at. Gun control laws don't work and, in fact, they may actually increase violent crime rates. One of the central points in my paper was the one that JTJ just stated in post #2. Criminals do not obey gun control laws because they are, by definition CRIMINALS. If I, as a snot nosed college freshman, could figure that out in just a few days of research in the college library then why do you think it's so difficult for liberal politicians, journalists and egg headed intellectuals to grasp? Simple. They don't want to grasp the concept. Accepting the truth would require them to abandon one of the central pillars of their statist agenda. Fact is, gun control has never been about crime control. It's all about people control.

Sooo you got an A I assume? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38
Criminals may not observe laws but they certainly do recognize their usefulness. More as an opportunity to wreak sustained havoc than a "Should I do this" moment! About the only shooting spree ive heard of in the last 20 years that the perpetrator didnt take advantage of an unarmed population was the Navy Shipyard, he was just as suicidal as he was homicidal. Understand, the liberal mindset values how things appear more than reality; criminals do as well, the mere appearance of overwhelming odds usually promotes success for the criminal, thats where they do their dirty work! Most criminals do not have a death wish for themselves, just for their victims. GFZ's might as well keep the Coroner on speed-dial instead of 911. Good news is customers in GFZ's all died healthier than in Non GFZ's, thats a selling point....!

Actually ship yard was a GFZ mil personnel cannot ccw on base and the weapons that some of them were able to get to had no ammo because the ammo is so tightly controlled, so sad.

http://www.gunnews.com/navy-yard-gun-free-zone/

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/091713-671411-washington-navy-yard-gun-free-zone.htm

http://reason.com/blog/2013/09/17/navy-yard-already-suffered-the-restricti

Old 12-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #6

Liked 104 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jord1985 View Post
Sooo you got an A I assume? Lol

Yes, as a matter of fact. Of course it was a community college writing class so the prof was only concerned with the quality of the writing, not the content.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Yea it's unfortunate but Naval bases are gfz... A few years ago my wife and I made a trip to visit some friends who are in the military and stationed at Fort Bragg. Well it wasn't till we were almost there that I realized I had my conceal carry pistol with me and there wasn't anything I could do about it (since I was 500 miles from home). I knew we'd have to go threw a security checkpoint to get on base where they lived. I was told by our friends to wrap the gun up in my bag in some underwear and that they wouldn't go through it enough to find it. We made it on base but that was a very nervous 10 minutes.

"... I simply cannot stand by and watch a right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States come under attack from those who either can't understand it, don't like the sound of it, or find themselves too philosophically squeamish to see why it remains the first among equals: Because it is the right we turn to when all else fails. That's why the Second Amendment is America's first freedom. ..."
Charlton Heston
Speech to National Press club
September, 1997

Old 12-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #8

Liked 182 Times on 126 Posts

kem1139 :
I bet that spare underwear came in handy later on as well ( LOL ) .

A professional drug dealer could tell you some nifty places to hide stuff in a car . One place is inside the spare tire compartment under the bolted-in tire or inside the bag holding the jack and wrench . Another is under the hood inside the air cleaner box . Still another is inside the fuse box compartment if there's room or up under the dash among the wiring . Hiding stuff under the floor mats is old hat . If you have a speaker and grill you can easily pull out of the door panel, you can hide a large object behind the speaker .
More elaborate tricks include concealing things inside the spare tire itself ( You need to break the bead of the tire and reinflate ) , in seat cushions ( requires some upholstery skill ) , above the gas tank ( requires loosening the straps and retightening ) and inside a dummy muffler on a fake dual-exhaust system . Building a false bottom into the center console is risky ...
For info purposes only, of course .

Old 12-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 383 Times on 277 Posts
Likes Given: 26

shoot the dillinger gang robbed many police stations for tommy guns and other weapons why wouldnt they think that would happen again if they prohibited weapons?

Old 12-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 595 Times on 301 Posts

I'm gonna call BS on this thread! Do a little reading about the CEO of Whole Foods who is a libertarian. I also shop at there often and they have no anti gun signs anywhere.