Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Who else carries at church?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 12:57 AM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
You know what? I like that. That is a good one.

JD
You can't pick and choose my friend. Take it all or don't take any.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-18-2010, 02:21 AM   #42

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 230

My Wifes' cousin attends a Luthern Church in Oakley, Kansas and her minister carrys conceiled, in fact he is well prepared for when the SHTF. Over the years I've heard the following statement many times "Why would God allow such bad things to happen to -- wife, husband, child or friends?" Stuff happens, God is not the problem, He gave us the brains to figure things out for ourselves and one of the things I would do to stand in the gap and protect my fellow men and women would be to be carrying as often as I legally can. I wouldn't hide my "Lamp" under a basket i.e. leaving my firearm at home. Isn't God everywhere you go and not just in church?

Old 01-18-2010, 03:04 AM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
My Wifes' cousin attends a Luthern Church in Oakley, Kansas and her minister carrys conceiled, in fact he is well prepared for when the SHTF. Over the years I've heard the following statement many times "Why would God allow such bad things to happen to -- wife, husband, child or friends?" Stuff happens, God is not the problem, He gave us the brains to figure things out for ourselves and one of the things I would do to stand in the gap and protect my fellow men and women would be to be carrying as often as I legally can. I wouldn't hide my "Lamp" under a basket i.e. leaving my firearm at home. Isn't God everywhere you go and not just in church?
I agree to a degree. I will do everything in my power to protect myself, family and friends but when God wants to call me or anyone else home, they're going home.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:24 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
He told me I did not understand- his Lord looked out for him. Asked him to consider possibility that the Lord had sent me there to tell him to fix it. He looked at me, nodded, and went to get it fixed.
Reminds me of a joke-

This man is in a flood. He climbs to the top of his house to escape the flood waters. He's praying that God will save him & stop the rising waters. A raft comes by with a man on it..."Come on, get on, lets get out of here!!" the man on the raft calls out. The man on the roof yells back, " Go On!! The Lord will save me!!" The man on the roof keeps praying. The flood waters are getting higher. A boat comes by with a family in it, they call out "we'll throw you a rope and pull you aboard!!" The man on the roof yells back, "NO!! The Lord will save me!!" The waters are getting dangerously high, beginning to crest over the roof. The man on the roof keeps praying. In a short time a helicopter comes by, the man in the helicopter yells down "I'll drop a cable and lift you off the roof top!!" The man on the roof yells back, "NO!! the Lord will save me." The helicopter flies off. The flood waters get higher & stronger and knock the man off the roof and he drowns. When the man gets to Heaven he's furious..."Lord, how can you let me drown and not save me?" God answers, "Man!! I sent you a raft, a boat, and a helicopter!! What else did you want!!"

Old 01-18-2010, 10:37 AM   #45
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

There is a fine line between the statement of "your time" and blatant ignorance.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:05 PM   #46
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5261 Times on 2742 Posts
Likes Given: 331

im not a church going type for my own reasons but if i did i would carry. the church house is no sanctuary to a facsist muslim out to make a political statement or a mass murderer. if it was respected by them they wouldnt be who they are... it makes no sense to restrict where you carry based on political correctness.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:43 PM   #47

I and several other members carry, including our pastor. We have three LEO's that carry as well. Not to be scared, just prepared. Our church is located on a main highway and we get a lot of people passing through and panhandling. Just a precaution. We have more teens and kids than adults, so ......

Old 01-20-2010, 03:30 AM   #48

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
About ten years ago, a man went into a Fort Worth church at a Wednesday night service and killed seven people. Churches are FAR from immune, right Spitty?
My wife's best friends niece was his last victim, and yes I carry. It's legal in Texas for CHL holders unless posted in a precise, specific way.

On the predestination subject: I think God has a plan for us, and that is to obey his word. I think he leaves the small decisions to us. I don't think he cares if we buy a blue car or a green car. If we choose to be prepared to defend ourselves at church, God won't have a problem with it as long as we are obeying him.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanbybirth View Post
My wife's best friends niece was his last victim, and yes I carry. It's legal in Texas for CHL holders unless posted in a precise, specific way.

On the predestination subject: I think God has a plan for us, and that is to obey his word. I think he leaves the small decisions to us. I don't think he cares if we buy a blue car or a green car. If we choose to be prepared to defend ourselves at church, God won't have a problem with it as long as we are obeying him.
Well said.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:24 AM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If some of his members had been carrying, perhaps Pastor Winters wouldn't be dead today. Maryville Church Shooting: Minister Fred Winters Shot Dead At First Baptist Church In Illinois | World News | Sky News