Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Who else carries at church?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 07:08 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

History in the US & around the world tells us that violence directed against a church is not unusual. Yet, it seems rather shocking to us that we would be dealing with it at this time and that may be because we think of ourselves as an advanced society. When you consider the aggressive nature of the entertainment media to belittle and attack religious structures maybe we should not be surprised that some people are acting out their hatred in this manner. It boils down to one thing in my mind and it's whether I'm willing to use whatever force is necessary to protect my family and those who are around me against the hatred of others. The answer is yes.

In the first two months of 2009, Christian Security Network "registered 139 incidents in 31 states against Christian churches, schools, & ministries".

I carry concealed every where it's legal.
If my pastor has a problem with me carrying a loaded firearm into the church...I will simply find a different church to attend.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:21 PM   #22

Liked 116 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 37

As for me personally,as a christian,I do not believe that carrying a gun will add a single day to my life,no matter where I go,God is in control of my destiny and my futile attempts to protect myself has no bearing on my safety.That being said,You may feel a calling from God to carry-and it may be up to you to save people's lives in the event someone tries to kill your fellow man at church,you may be God's tool that day to stop a killer-but for me personally,I don't feel a need to carry at a church.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:35 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeisme View Post
I think we all should carry no matter where we are. The worlds getting to crazy to feel secure anywhere!!!

+ 1 And Amen!

N.D.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:40 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobpissypants View Post
This happened about thirty miles east of me. It was actually an amish school. Which is pretty the same in the amish community. The nutsack walked in, and shot seven (not sure) kids in the head. Lined them up execution style. Killed several, several others brain dead/ disabled. The guy was the driver of the milk truck. I think we should carry everywhere outside of our homes. If I frequented church, I would certainly carry.
I Even carry it at home!
N.D.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:41 PM   #25

I think that our state permits should be honored nationwide. It makes little sense to me that I am legally allowed to carry a gun in my state but not other states (well, ones that don't honor my permit or issue their own).

-Scott

There's no cure for stupid.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:51 PM   #26

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I don't make it to church as much as I'd like but I always have my Ruger LCP in my pocket so it never leaves. I've even forgot I was carrying it before.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 01-16-2010, 11:59 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
As for me personally,as a christian,I do not believe that carrying a gun will add a single day to my life,no matter where I go,God is in control of my destiny and my futile attempts to protect myself has no bearing on my safety.That being said,You may feel a calling from God to carry-and it may be up to you to save people's lives in the event someone tries to kill your fellow man at church,you may be God's tool that day to stop a killer-but for me personally,I don't feel a need to carry at a church.
I agree with much of what you have said. My 45 with not add a single second on to my life that God is not aware of. God also tells us to be prepared, should I not be prepared for an attack while worshiping?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-17-2010, 12:02 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble View Post
I was a little fuzzy on the details, I just remember thinking "Why in the world would anybody have anything against those people?". It just makes absolutely no since to me. It's scary to think of "deranged" people killing good people for no reason especially at a school or church.
The Amish are some of the most caring, forgiving people on earth. The Amish community forgave the gunman (dead) and offered support to the gunman's family. They even asked the public to leave the gunman's family alone. I wish I were as well mannered as they are.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:21 AM   #29

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I could never muster up that kind of forgiveness, but I guess that's WJWD.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:55 AM   #30

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

My feeling is that you should be prepared at all times even at church. As i sit here reading these posts and sending my reply, my Kimber .45 compact ultra carry II is in its Bianchi on my belt. In other words, I carry all the time.
I don't frequent the church much, but should I even here in Georgia, I will be armed.