Who else carries at church? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Who else carries at church?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 10:41 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It is NOT legal to carry in church in Missouri, but I do each and every Sunday. LCP .380 in the pocket. No chance of detection.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:26 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'm asking about church and only church.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-16-2010, 02:03 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble View Post
Recently in North Carolina some P.O.S. kidnapped 2 ladies from church. (They were working as volunteers). He drove them around the ATM and took there jewelry....

Not that long ago somebody with a grudge against a church walked in and started shooting. It even happened to an Amish (or possibly Quaker) church not too long ago....

And those are just american dirt bags. The people that call us 'infidels' might attack our churches one day.

My CCW class starts in Feb, so for now I don't. Put me down for "want to".
This happened about thirty miles east of me. It was actually an amish school. Which is pretty the same in the amish community. The nutsack walked in, and shot seven (not sure) kids in the head. Lined them up execution style. Killed several, several others brain dead/ disabled. The guy was the driver of the milk truck. I think we should carry everywhere outside of our homes. If I frequented church, I would certainly carry.

Last edited by jimbobpissypants; 01-16-2010 at 02:04 AM. Reason: missed a word.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:06 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I would recommend it. I carry everywhere, and thats my full-sized '92! Hell, most of the time I stuff it in the belt just to take out the dog (live in an apartment), heh.

We carry guns for the same reason we carry seatbelts. I'd bet most of us have no been involved in potentially life-threatening wrecks, and probably most of those we know haven't. But we know those wrecks DO happen, so we buckle up to protect ourselves from that. I have never been mugged or held at gunpoint or anything like that. But I know that stuff DOES happen, including at church, so I carry to protect myself from that as well!

Old 01-16-2010, 02:11 AM   #15

Liked 427 Times on 268 Posts
Likes Given: 1259

i carry every i go and into every building im legally allowed too.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:43 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobpissypants View Post
This happened about thirty miles east of me. It was actually an amish school. Which is pretty the same in the amish community. The nutsack walked in, and shot seven (not sure) kids in the head. Lined them up execution style. Killed several, several others brain dead/ disabled. The guy was the driver of the milk truck. I think we should carry everywhere outside of our homes. If I frequented church, I would certainly carry.

I was a little fuzzy on the details, I just remember thinking "Why in the world would anybody have anything against those people?". It just makes absolutely no since to me. It's scary to think of "deranged" people killing good people for no reason especially at a school or church.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:59 AM   #17

Greetings. I just joined literally ten minutes ago.

I too carry everywhere that I am legally able to do so. I guess I fall under the mindset that the poop can hit the fan anywhere, even in church.

-Scott

There's no cure for stupid.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobpissypants View Post
I grew up a few miles down the road from where that happen.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-16-2010, 11:58 AM   #19
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
About ten years ago, a man went into a Fort Worth church at a Wednesday night service and killed seven people. Churches are FAR from immune, right Spitty?
I remember that. It was in White Settlement (north Ft. Worth). They were teens that got killed.

I don't go anywhere without packing. All it takes is being at the wrong place at the wrong time, and the SHTF...

Old 01-16-2010, 02:15 PM   #20

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Current law in Georgia expressly prohibits carrying in churches under the ridiculous "public gathering" statutes...Our legislature is currently in session, and, hopefully, we will see some changes in this and other useless prohibitions (like school "safety zones") before the session ends.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation