Who else carries at church? - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Who else carries at church?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 03:40 AM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Wedgwood Baptist Church in Fort Worth, TX lost 8 people before the bg killed himself. His last victim was a friend of mine. The only thing she did wrong was peek over the top of the pew to see if the shooting was over. I always carry in church. I doubt Jesus will have a problem with me defending myself or any other of his followers from a homicidal maniac.

Jesus doesn't want me to use violence to further God's agenda, but he doesn't intend for me to not protect the defenseless either.

In just about any Baptist Church in TX, there will be 1-2 CHL holders per 100 people. At least that has been my experience over the last few years.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #122

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win73 View Post
When Jesus made a scourge and drove the money changers and merchants out of the temple with it, I wonder how much love they felt?
Matt 22:47 - 53 In that verse Jesus said ENOUGH of this after the disciple cut off the High Priest slave ear or in - the king james the word they use is Rebuke so why are we spliting hairs on this? if you want to carry at Church go ahead I dont see a need for me.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #123

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Is there a metal detector at the door? If not I carry.

We cannot play innocents abroad in a world that is not innocent. -Ronald Reagan

Old 09-16-2011, 12:39 AM   #124

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch Delta View Post
Is there a metal detector at the door? If not I carry.
What good will the metal detector do if no one in the church has a gun to stop the BG?

(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #125

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Win73, I think you missed my point. I don't know of any churches with metal detectors, not that they don't exist. Thus, if you carry concealed no one would know and you have a right to protect yourself and loved ones. My point is I carry everywhere, except where there are metal detectors (Federal buildings, court house, etc). Terrorists, criminals, druggies don't care who they harm. Be safe, go armed.

We cannot play innocents abroad in a world that is not innocent. -Ronald Reagan

Old 09-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #126

My church installs metal dectectors during certain events. There is too many people out there that can and will cause harm if they see an opportunity. When I see the metal detectors I head for a back or side door and get in with out going thru them. The trick is to remember what door to use when leaving. Our Pastor has security with him most of the time while in public. They always are carrying concealed but most people don't even notice them.

Mark

MLR Distributing

Old 09-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #127

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Patch, sadly this is the truth...20-30 years ago no one would have ever attacked a church congregation, now the way some think, this is a easy way to make a news headline or inflict terror on innocent people.
I feel the right to protect myself and my family is a 24-7-365 type of mindset, if I choose not to carry when it is legal to, then I have made a choice not to be able to protect my family at that time. To me carrying in church is no different than carrying at the grocery store or the local restaurant, it is my choice and I choose to be prepared.
I feel others have blown this thread way out of proportion, and are trying to make too much of a simple decision, yet they have that right also.
The main point is that legal gun owners are not the ones that commit the crimes, murders, rapes, robberies that we must protect ourselves against. So if you carry legally then carry everywhere it is legal.

Common sense is your best friend. -Rodney Hamby

Old 09-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #128
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2334 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 842

Two disturbing trends encourage me to carry at church (and everywhere for that matter).

#1 The government is totally ineffective in dealing with the mentally disturbed. Tuscon is just the most recent example. As the population increases, the kooks will increase as well and they're looking for places to blow up. Churches appear to be growing targets.

#2 I'm afraid terrorism incidents are going to increase here in the US, and churches will absolutely be targets for the Islamo-fascists.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 09-17-2011, 02:34 AM   #129

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch Delta View Post
Win73, Be safe, go armed.
Don't worry I do. Like you, I only don't carry where they have detection methods. In fact, as I sit here in front of my computer, I am packing. And strategically placed around the house are a 9 mm and a .45.

I know that doesn't guarantee that no harm will ever come to me or my family, but at least I won't be like a sheep to to be led to the slaughter. I have the ability to fight back.

(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Old 09-17-2011, 03:07 AM   #130
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3724 Times on 2066 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I carry where ever I legally can which includes church but my wife has recently complained about me carrying in church. She says I don't need to carry there, that it is safe.
I look at it this way....if I wanted to rob people where better then a church? They carry cash to give or maybe go out to eat after, they are wearing their best clothing, jewlery, watches, etc..... and most of them are completly in the dark about protecting themselves. I carry in church for those reasons as well as to be able to protect myself, my wife and those around me. Am I alone?
It's not legal for me to carry in church but I would if I could there was a guy a year or so ago in Utah that got shot at church... It isn't any safer than anywhere else.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.