Who else carries at church? - Page 12
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Who else carries at church?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 06:15 AM   #111
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
303tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,185
Liked 1455 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1590

Default

Can`t in Missouri & would not anyway !!!!!!!!!

__________________

When all else fails.

303tom is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #112
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ArizonaLawman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florence,AZ
Posts: 463
Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Default

If God didn't want me to shoot...he wouldn't have made me so damned good at it!

__________________
"If you take your hands off the back of my cruiser one more time...I will make your birth certificate a worthless document!"
ArizonaLawman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #113
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lonewolf101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 528
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

I dont want to get into a big debate on the Bible about this.But I asked my pastor on this last week and when Jesus was telling his desiples to buy a sword if you dont have one he was talking about the Word of God not a sword or gun like people think that is found in the NT thoughout I just dont have the scripture now.I hope you guy dont look at me like some know it all you just have to have a better understansing of the Word.

LOOK UP EPHESIANS 6,17

__________________

Last edited by lonewolf101; 09-13-2011 at 02:54 PM.
lonewolf101 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #114
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 7,140
Liked 2471 Times on 1323 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
I dont want to get into a big debate on the Bible about this.But I asked my pastor on this last week and when Jesus was telling his desiples to buy a sword if you dont have one he was talking about the Word of God not a sword or gun like people think that is found in the NT thoughout I just dont have the scripture now.I hope you guy dont look at me like some know it all you just have to have a better understansing of the Word.

LOOK UP EPHESIANS 6,17
There is a tendency that many theologians have that if they encounter a statement in scripture that rubs them the wrong way or they don't understand it, they try to spiritualize it. I would contend that your pastor is bending in this direction. The context of the statement is physical, not metaphor.
__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:59 PM   #115
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lonewolf101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 528
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
There is a tendency that many theologians have that if they encounter a statement in scripture that rubs them the wrong way or they don't understand it, they try to spiritualize it. I would contend that your pastor is bending in this direction. The context of the statement is physical, not metaphor.

I dont think so Scott,if he was talking about weapons he would not of yelled at peter for drawing his sword and cutting off the ear of somone servent.

REF. LUKE 22:35,36 in that verse Jesus sent out his deciples to spread his words (GOSPEL) so the sword is really the word or words of God or the Bible
print form

and you can read it in EPHESIANS 6,17 also

all throughout Jesus Minstery he never straped a sword to his side but spread love,salvation for mankind.Do I thing he's anti gun.......NO!
__________________
lonewolf101 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #116
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 7,140
Liked 2471 Times on 1323 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
I dont think so Scott,if he was talking about weapons he would not of yelled at peter for drawing his sword and cutting off the ear of somone servent.

REF. LUKE 22:35,36 in that verse Jesus sent out his deciples to spread his words (GOSPEL) so the sword is really the word or words of God or the Bible
print form

and you can read it in EPHESIANS 6,17 also

all throughout Jesus Minstery he never straped a sword to his side but spread love,salvation for mankind.Do I thing he's anti gun.......NO!
And yet immediately following Jesus' statement about buy a sword, one of the disciples says here are two, and He replies that will work. Jesus immediately confirmed the reference to actual swords. Don't get ahead of the context.
__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:03 PM   #117
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 191
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
when Jesus was telling his desiples to buy a sword if you dont have one he was talking about the Word of God not a sword or gun like people think
The problem with that argument is that in that time you couldn't run down to the neighborhood bookstore and buy a bible. The word of God was very precious and expensive and it was far above the means of almost everyone to acquire it in printed form. You quite simply couldn't just run out and buy it. The scrolls were meticulously hand copied and generally only the synagogues and temple had copies.

The only case I am familiar with of an individual having a copy of scripture in the Bible is the Ethiopian eunuch. He was a member of Queen Candace' court so therefore one of the elite with vast wealth at his disposal.
__________________

(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Win73 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:09 PM   #118
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bones72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 132
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Does anybody know if its legal in n.c. to carry in church

__________________
bones72 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:10 PM   #119
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 191
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
I dont think so Scott,if he was talking about weapons he would not of yelled at peter for drawing his sword and cutting off the ear of somone servent.

all throughout Jesus Minstery he never straped a sword to his side but spread love,salvation for mankind.Do I thing he's anti gun.......NO!
Where in the Bible does it say Jesus yelled at Peter? Jesus told Peter to put up his sword because Peter was trying to stop Jesus arrest. Jesus knew he had to be crucified to pay the penalty for our sins. If he had let Peter stop the arrest and therefore the crucifixion, we would have no hope of salvation.

And some of Jesus disciples obviously carried swords, their equivalent of our handguns. And nowhere in scripture is there any indication that Jesus ever told them not to.
__________________

(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Win73 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:01 AM   #120
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 191
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
all throughout Jesus Minstery he never straped a sword to his side but spread love,salvation for mankind.
When Jesus made a scourge and drove the money changers and merchants out of the temple with it, I wonder how much love they felt?
__________________

(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Win73 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
One dead in Illinois church shooting BILLYBOB44 Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 22 10-21-2011 05:48 PM
CC at Church laws, KY & TX feedsasquatch Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 30 09-14-2011 02:57 AM
Church Gun Giveaway Horrifies Media ScottG Politics, Religion and Controversy 6 07-19-2008 07:40 PM
Windy City – A Mayor Carries on the Tradition tracker Politics, Religion and Controversy 2 07-08-2008 10:54 PM
Church Buy Backs Righteous The Club House 7 01-29-2008 09:59 PM