Who else carries at church? - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Who else carries at church?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 01:21 AM   #101
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Me! I carry EVERYWHERE..........no exceptions.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:22 AM   #102
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
why? wheres your FAITH?
Yes, I have faith. My faith is that when I die I will go and meet my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. That same Lord calls me to defend the weak, be that my wife, children, another man...whoever. He also allows me to defend myself. Yes, I carry at church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Spittinfire,

You bet I carry at Church! Several years ago my Wife's first cousin Shirley who attends the Baptist Church in Ft. Worth Texas was running late getting to the evening service. God was certainly watching over her since she is never late usually and even sings in the Choir. At around 6:55 pm on Sept.17, 1996 a man walked into her Church and started firing killing 3 adults and 3 teenagers at the Church. Later 2 more individuals that were shot in the incident died at the hospital. Making a total of 8 people killed. She arrived at the Church at around 7:25 pm. Thanks to God and things were in a frenzy! "Obviously! That is why I will always carry my semi auto pistol at church and yes a spare magazine. Please feel free to share this with your wife! It can happen anywhere. This incident happened in a very nice residential area! I am retired Law Enforcement and this is not the only incident! Doesn't do anyone any good to have their weapon at home or out in the Church lot in the car! This one was close to home!

I rest my case.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-23-2011, 01:24 AM   #103

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
why? wheres your FAITH?
My carrying in church says nothing about my faith (or any lack thereof) in Jesus Christ. The lord gave me the wherewithal to buy my guns. He gave me the ability (aided by my former police firearms training and lots of practice) to use them fairly well. As previously stated, there have been several instances in recent times of shootings in churches. The immoral murdering savages (IMS) don't care where they kill people, they just like to do it. And most churches are full of unarmed people. The IMS like safe targets. How many police stations compared to schools, churches, etc. do you hear about being attacked by these people? If the Lord ever lets someone come into my church to shoot people, well I just figure he gave me my gun and the ability to use it for a reason.

And even Jesus' disciples carried swords (their equivalent of a handgun.)

(John 18:10 KJV) Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.

(Luke 22:38 KJV) And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:06 AM   #104
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

http://youtu.be/taih2zUOmIM

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:24 AM   #105
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 141 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 156

I do, why not, church is not going to stop a POS or Terrorist.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #106

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Hey Spitty,

Remind your wife that almost all of the current terrorist of the day are Muslim extremist that believe all Christians are infidels and are on a jihad to wipe them out. It is only a matter of time, IMO, before they start to target Christian houses of worship even in the United States.
Dzscubie: I could not agree more, in time every non-Muslim extremist will be targeted. I carry in church every time and have no problem with it at all, one church we visit the Pastor carries also. I have several friends that carry in church as well.

I can explain it to you but I can't make you understand it.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:12 PM   #107

I carry 99% of the time no matter where I go including church. I belong to a large Baptist Church which is high profile. Any given service could have up to 6,000 in attendance, depending on the service. I am sure there have been threats to the church and even individuals because of our Christian beliefs. The pastor is an advid hunter and that is well know. We have had many conversations about hunting, carrying and guns in general. There is a visable security team in plain clothes on hand to protect him and the members. Many people don't even notice them! I can always tell when the threat level is higher because of the increase in security, again which many people don't even notice. It's funny that sometimes my wife will notice it and say something about it to me. She will always ask me that question "Are You?" I and will just smile back at her.

Everyone needs to make thier own decission if it is right for them to carry or not and where they need to carry. I can not make that decission for you! If you feel the need then by all means do so. If you don't feel the need then don't.

Mark

MLR Distributing

Old 08-23-2011, 02:15 PM   #108

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

God gave us John Moses Browning. That's sign enough for me!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #109

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake
God gave us John Moses Browning. That's sign enough for me!
Amen brother cane amen

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 09-13-2011, 02:03 AM   #110

Likes Given: 1

Its pretty sad that things have come to this point, and even thinking about needing to carry in church, but thats how the world is. I have no law enforcement or security training, but I've actually thought about how the church I go to would be a target for a terrorist attack, homegrown or otherwise. Its a large church with lots of people, including children, and few exits. Pretty scary. I never thought about carrying, but I will from this point on. As a few people have mentioned, its no different than anywhere else.

Wasn't the recent massacre in Norway, a church camp of some sort?