Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Who else carries at church? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/who-else-carries-church-22217/)

spittinfire 01-15-2010 07:02 PM

Who else carries at church?

I carry where ever I legally can which includes church but my wife has recently complained about me carrying in church. She says I don't need to carry there, that it is safe.
I look at it this way....if I wanted to rob people where better then a church? They carry cash to give or maybe go out to eat after, they are wearing their best clothing, jewlery, watches, etc..... and most of them are completly in the dark about protecting themselves. I carry in church for those reasons as well as to be able to protect myself, my wife and those around me. Am I alone?

Dzscubie 01-15-2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 213310)
I carry where ever I legally can which includes church but my wife has recently complained about me carrying in church. She says I don't need to carry there, that it is safe.
I look at it this way....if I wanted to rob people where better then a church? They carry cash to give or maybe go out to eat after, they are wearing their best clothing, jewlery, watches, etc..... and most of them are completly in the dark about protecting themselves. I carry in church for those reasons as well as to be able to protect myself, my wife and those around me. Am I alone?

Hey Spitty,

Remind your wife that almost all of the current terrorist of the day are Muslim extremist that believe all Christians are infidels and are on a jihad to wipe them out. It is only a matter of time, IMO, before they start to target Christian houses of worship even in the United States.

canebrake 01-15-2010 07:43 PM

Me.

* raising hand boldly *

Can you say random? Or Murphy's law?

Better to have it and never use it than to not have it and REALLY need it!

orangello 01-15-2010 08:23 PM

I don't attend services.

I think you should carry in church. Remember that preacher who got shot last year in IL? He got shot in the church, at the pulpit, through his Bible. I seem to recall an even worse event in the recent past involving a shooter at a church. Besides, you are already wearing a jacket; concealment should be a breeze.

General_lee 01-15-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 213336)
Me.

* raising hand boldly *

Can you say random? Or Murphy's law?

Better to have it and never use it than to not have it and REALLY
need it!

Amen, brother!

lonyaeger 01-15-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 213310)

About ten years ago, a man went into a Fort Worth church at a Wednesday night service and killed seven people. Churches are FAR from immune, right Spitty?

spittinfire 01-15-2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonyaeger (Post 213410)
About ten years ago, a man went into a Fort Worth church at a Wednesday night service and killed seven people. Churches are FAR from immune, right Spitty?

You are correct. I believe strongly that carrying in church is a good idea.

Marble 01-15-2010 09:44 PM

Recently in North Carolina some P.O.S. kidnapped 2 ladies from church. (They were working as volunteers). He drove them around the ATM and took there jewelry....

Not that long ago somebody with a grudge against a church walked in and started shooting. It even happened to an Amish (or possibly Quaker) church not too long ago....

And those are just american dirt bags. The people that call us 'infidels' might attack our churches one day.

My CCW class starts in Feb, so for now I don't. Put me down for "want to". :D

lonyaeger 01-15-2010 09:49 PM

You guys have really opened my eyes to the fact that I should be carrying in church as a PRIORITY and I never even realized it. You're absolutely right. So when my wife drags my a$$ to church, I'll be packing.

lukeisme 01-15-2010 10:05 PM

I think we all should carry no matter where we are. The worlds getting to crazy to feel secure anywhere!!!