Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Who carries a full size Beretta?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Default Who carries a full size Beretta?

I think I've finally convinced the wife to allow me to get my carry license, and start carrying. the rising number of local armed robberies, people immitating police officers, nut jobs driving cars into churches and burning them down...plus the incident in Colorado last Friday, she finally gave a reluctant "I guess so." followed with "I just worry about what happens if the boys run up to hug you/grab you and they catch on the gun"

I've assured her that with a proper holster, it's virtually impossible to discharge the firearm until AFTER the trigger guard has cleared the holster. knowing the safety features of a beretta, I don't see how it can possibly fire unless the trigger is exposed/out of the holster.

Anyway, I plan on carrying my 96 Elite II model, it's .40 cal, and holds 11+1. It's also very accurate to shoot, reliable, and I've even had it equipped with night sights for some various uses in competition where we've had low light/no light stages using flashlights in weak hand, firearm in strong hand.

I've got a lot of experience with the Beretta series. my first firearm was a 92FS that I bought because I love the looks of the curvy piece. Plus, being military, it's what we trained with and carry when deployed. I've carried an M9 every day while deployed, but that was in a tactical leg/thigh holster.

to the point...what holsters are you guys using for your full framed beretta's? from my experience in the military plus IPSC/IDPA competitions, I know that I want a holster that's molded to fit the weapon. I have used the generic nylon "pouch" style holsters and am just not a fan of them, never felt that the weapon was all that secure. I also know that I don't want a paddle style. I've seen guys use those in competition and have also watched them draw, and the whole holster comes out with the weapon.

I'm thinking something with spring clips to hold the side of my pants/belt or loops for the belt to pass through, while still being an inside the waist holster. I also prefer leather over hard plastic since it'll be up against my body.

I've searched though the various pics threads here, I saw one other pic of a full size beretta, but no reference as to what brand it was. and of course when using google to do a search, you get flooded with information that's often difficult to weed down to what I'm really looking for.

so...ideas? what are you guys using!? Thanks!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #2

--nevermind, the thread was cleaned up and the off topic posts removed...

Last edited by 70cuda383; 07-25-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #3

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
anyway, anyone with any real input? or is this just going to be a "bash on Tom" thread because of my choice of words?
I'm gonna go with this one ..........

j/k - I have Px4 Storm in 45 and use one of these - http://www.fobusholster.com/index.htm. It is very comfortable and can be adjusted to whatever tension you want.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 07-24-2012, 11:28 PM   #4

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Getting Back on track.

I have carried full size pistols in Leather Holsters and leather belt. Don't care for plastic or cloth holsters.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:40 AM   #5

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

I know I know. Just had our 5 year ....... Feels like a lifetime!!

Old 07-25-2012, 05:36 AM   #6

Liked 102 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Have you looked at crossbread holsters?

Old 07-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #7

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I have a Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster that I carry my M9 in but I only carry it in the winter under a coat.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5323 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Depends on your clothing choice. Running around in a tshirt an shorts in a state where printing is an issue a m9 is going to be damn near impossible to hide. Sport jacket or similar shoulder holsters that have good retention are excellent.

Cant go wrong with a galco holster. I think all of us that ccw regularly have drawer full of holsters...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildenton
Have you looked at crossbread holsters?
What phil said: I don't carry a Beretta but my Super Tuck is great, and it's not even fully broken in yet. It can only get better.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #10

yea, I contacted crossbreed, but they don't make a holster that will fit the thicker slide of the Brigadier/Elite subseries of the 92/96 series pistols.

I don't really want to carry my 92FS because it's old and well used, pretty much just a range gun now. the rear sight was knocked loose and now it won't stay in one spot. I've used locktite to "glue" it back in position but that lasted about a year.

my 1911 isn't a good option either because of the modifications made to it for competition shooting. I don't feel safe carrying a single action with a hair trigger on it.

Anyone know someone that custom makes leather holsters at a reasonable price? The biggest problem I'm running into is that there just doesn't seem to be a very good supply of holsters that fit the Brigadier/Elite pistols. There's TONS of stuff out there to fit the standard sized 92/96.