Where to Keep my Home Protection Pistol. - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Where to Keep my Home Protection Pistol.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 02:47 AM   #41
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3034 Times on 2064 Posts
Likes Given: 639

Same here,..the Only "kid" has 4 legs and Snores and Drools!, Even so We Bolted Both the Personals to the Bed and to a 1/3" thick Steel plate Bolted Into the Concrete Slab(I Think) On the Floor...(Cement under the New Poly Wood(Pergo XL) floors...
Those hold 1 or 2 Guns and Some Extras(more space when only 1 Gun is Inside). I also hear good things about the "Gun Coffin",..for 199 with an Electronic remote with back up key...
Her RUGER SP 101 loaded with either Hornady Critical Defense Lite, Fiocchi Monoblocks, Golden Sabers, or the Federal Hydra Shoks,...My LC9 goes in there from my EDC(with at least 3 spare mags),..or my Smith 569 12 shot with all 4 Spares,..totaling 60 rds., The Mossberg SA-20 is Nearby on a wall mounted "False" Clock(the Clock actually works!!) ....I rotate different SD ammo as well...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Last edited by DrFootball; 10-14-2013 at 02:55 AM.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1261 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1921

I pretty much have a gun hanging on my belt or in my pocket all the time, except at work or in places where a gun is a no-no. At home, as long as I am awake and moving around or lounging around, I have a gun on me, and the rest of my guns locked in my safe. At bedtime, I get out my Taurus PT145 and keep it in my bed (no, there's no hair around the muzzle) near my hand. I also have a Mossberg 500 pump 12 ga with an 18" barrel leaning in a corner by my bed. When I leave home, I carry one or two guns and lock the rest in my safe. Whether I grab the PT145 or the Mossberg if the SHTF depends upon whether the BG(s) are in the same room as I am when I discover the intrusion, in which case I'll grab the PT145, or if they are elsewhere in the house I'll get the Mossberg if I can get to it.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1261 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1921

While we're on this subject, I have a story about a couple who, in my opinion, are committing a serious faux pas. I met these people when I went to their home in a small town in Indiana with my brother-in-law. The lady is my brother-in-law's sister and the man is her husband. They are "preppers" in the extreme, with a basement full of everything from canned food to big boxes of toilet paper. The thing that is scary about them is that they have handguns stashed all over their house, under the cushions on their couches and chairs, in drawers of end tables, night stands, bathroom medicine cabinets, taped under the dining table, under the coffee table, in kitchen cabinets, ad nauseum. What is really scary is that he proudly removed every one of them (I counted 20) and showed me the guns and where he has them stashed. And he didn't know me from Adam. If he does that for everybody who comes to his house, one day he'll come home from the store and find all of them gone. Plus, if some kid gets "busy" and finds one when he is in another room, a real tragedy could happen. It scared the hell out of me.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #44

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
While we're on this subject, I have a story about a couple who, in my opinion, are committing a serious faux pas. I met these people when I went to their home in a small town in Indiana with my brother-in-law. The lady is my brother-in-law's sister and the man is her husband. They are "preppers" in the extreme, with a basement full of everything from canned food to big boxes of toilet paper. The thing that is scary about them is that they have handguns stashed all over their house, under the cushions on their couches and chairs, in drawers of end tables, night stands, bathroom medicine cabinets, taped under the dining table, under the coffee table, in kitchen cabinets, ad nauseum. What is really scary is that he proudly removed every one of them (I counted 20) and showed me the guns and where he has them stashed. And he didn't know me from Adam. If he does that for everybody who comes to his house, one day he'll come home from the store and find all of them gone. Plus, if some kid gets "busy" and finds one when he is in another room, a real tragedy could happen. It scared the hell out of me.
Imo those preppers are bat poo crazy.
And most just loooove to show off what they have done.. child safety is an obvious issue with stashing guns all over the house..
And again imo these preppers WILL be targets in a mass survival doomsday senario..
All that stockpiled food and themselves hunkered down in a room under the house... one match turns the safe haven into an oven. With tons of wood right on top..
An even worse idea is to tell all about it on national television..
They have good intentions but not the quickest of cats imo... just sayin.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:46 PM   #45

Liked 385 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejudge410 View Post

Imo those preppers are bat poo crazy.
And most just loooove to show off what they have done.. child safety is an obvious issue with stashing guns all over the house..
And again imo these preppers WILL be targets in a mass survival doomsday senario..
All that stockpiled food and themselves hunkered down in a room under the house... one match turns the safe haven into an oven. With tons of wood right on top..
An even worse idea is to tell all about it on national television..
They have good intentions but not the quickest of cats imo... just sayin.
I agree. Advertising it on tv is a big no-no imo.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:25 AM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1498 Times on 1015 Posts
Likes Given: 522

I would get a full size gun safe at some point. Not that you need to fill it up with guns. You can get a fireproof gun safe for $600. You have plenty of room for paperwork, irreplaceable photos, medications, laptops, the list goes on and on. Now is a good time to buy a safe. Lots of places have free financing for six months. Liberty makes a very good fireproof safe and they have a great replacement plan.

Until you get a safe a plain old exterior door knob on a closet will keep your child safe. Somewhere down the road you can buy a pocket pistol so you can protect your family at any time. Home invasions happen at any time, not just at night.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by John_Deer; 11-26-2013 at 12:31 AM.
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 11-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #47
Table of Warriors prospect
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6766 Times on 3697 Posts
Likes Given: 13343

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer
You can get a fireproof gun safe for $600. You have plenty of room for paperwork, irreplaceable photos, medications, laptops, the list goes on and on.
You can get an old range/oven for next to nothing.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

MoHawk Likes This 
Old 11-26-2013, 12:37 AM   #48

Liked 493 Times on 303 Posts
Likes Given: 1621

A small FIREPROOF document safe from walmart is $50 or less. Wont keep a criminal from running off with your safe, but will keep the kids away and still be easily accesible.

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 11-26-2013, 12:37 AM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1498 Times on 1015 Posts
Likes Given: 522

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
You can get an old range/oven for next to nothing.
And one of these will bust the latch off a range/oven in seconds. I have split some healthy rocks and stumps with a couple strikes of a maul.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 11-26-2013, 12:50 AM   #50

Liked 28 Times on 20 Posts

I agree that the MOST important thing is to educate your children. But up until a certain age(maybe 10) I would make sure to keep guns locked if not have ammo hidden just in case. But making sure a kid doesnt end up shooting themselves with a gun is more important then keeping a gun next to you incase of a robbery. If you don't trust your kid, lock it up. Id rather take the chances of being unarmed if a robber breaks in than having a tragic firearms accident.