Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Where to Keep my Home Protection Pistol.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #101
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post

You might have to do a little research on your own. Google is distributed free and wide. Their laws like most countries, have evolved over time, I do not know the exact nature of their gun laws at this date. When I was a gun dealer (around the era of the Louisiana Purchase) you needed a safe, and a full automatic weapon to purchase a house. In other words, every homeowner was the countries army.
I don't mind doing research on my own but that's not how this works. You posted something about some country with specific gun laws. You didn't name the country and you didn't cite a source. And then when asked for a source you gave a wiki link full of "citation needed" which didn't even repudiate your claim.

Is this how you teach your NRA classes? You give broad ideas and present them as facts without giving any basis or credible citation just to prove your point? If so, remind me to not take your classes.

I'M not going to do research to validate YOUR claim.

Always have clean socks.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-29-2013, 01:47 AM   #102
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1678 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

If the circles were incomplete, they would just be C's.
Right, C is for circle!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 11-29-2013, 01:57 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

well this thread may seem like it's going in circles and maybe in some ways it is. but what about those new to guns that have children and are looking for ideas and suggestions on how they can defend their families, but keep their guns safe from their children.

so IMO, this thread is important and serves a purpose that hopefully we can help someone that needs suggestions to safe their guns.

i am a big proponent of guns for SD/HD purposes, but also that the priority of the safety of children in the home is critical and foremost when doing so.
Agreed. A family with a long tradition of teaching gun safety at an early age can often expect their kids to treat guns with respect. Having land where you can take the kids out and show them firsthand makes that even easier to do.

But a new gun owner, still learning about guns himself, living in a housing development, surrounded by non gun families, with frequent visits from his kids friends? He is probably well advised to keep the guns locked up.

Each household situation has its own features that must be addressed properly to reach an acceptable (to that head of household) balance between availability and security.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-29-2013, 02:02 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post

Well that's interesting. And what country is that? And do you by any chance have a link to document that? Not trying to be a prick, just curious.
Sounds more like Israel.

Balota

Old 11-29-2013, 02:11 AM   #105

Liked 666 Times on 355 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Article 2 and 3 where you entrap, and article 4 where you physically abuse, shows some real parenting skills on your part. Hey, for the grandkids, you going to TRAIN them, or let the abuse tradition pass on to your kids to abuse their kids? Some parents, put away their toys so the kids can't mess with them. Maybe you did not knock your kids around the house as you suggested you may have, and each parent is free to raise their own kids as they see fit, but I see arms for hugging, passing out food, clothing, handshakes, wiping away tears, reaching for the money clip. This post is not to suggest you are not dad of the year, maybe you are, but setting a child up to fail, then punishing them for it? Really? Seems like a gun safe, in a locked adult only man cave would be a another option. Please tell me.. What happened to Dr. Spock's son??? Do you have an assessment on that too??? I'd effen love to hear it. Really I would. Please elighten us all on the best parenting skills so that we can all move forward with your help.
Thank you so much for your assessment Dr. Spock. That means the world to me and I will completely change my ways with your help. My kids knew at three years old to never mess with guns when they shouldn't. Damn…. they're still alive.... I did it wrong…. As my career path leads me down roads when I am gone for hours or days on end and I am not aware when I get home that my family has made plans for other kids to show up when I take my personal protection off in my own home. I guess I shouldn’t carry personal protection at all. Or maybe I shouldn’t trust my family with a 1911 sitting on the counter. Those shifty bastards. As I think about it more. You’re 100% right. My 13 year old son is a state trap shooting champion, hit a 1000 yard shot at 12 years old with a 338, is a national award winning Navy Sea Cadet, and already has a four year scholarship. I’ve been doing it all wrong. Dam it man. I’m a complete failure as a parent. Please…… Seriously….. Please tell me how I could be a better parent. My father was a Marine Corps Scout Sniper and I'm just following in his path with his parenting skills. I would love to know how I could improve……. Unless you have an issue with candor...... Because I don’t. And I don’t have a worry to say that you are a complete slack jawed, booger eating, idiot. Should we ever meet face to face, I'd say the same thing and a little more. Personally, I find comfort in the fact that my kids will never have to fight with your kids for a job……………. Kind SIR At the end of the day, everyone shoots for success. The ones that win are ones that have felt and dealt with the pain and continued forward. The best leaders have not lost focus because of the tears they’ve cause. So tell me; How can I improve? My youngest 10 year old son doesn't have a four year scolarship like my 13 year old yet. I'm losing sleep over this $#it man and I need your wisdom to help me as a person. I'm such a failure

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Last edited by CourtJester; 11-29-2013 at 10:37 AM.
GTX63 Likes This 
Old 12-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #106

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Wow..
Gun storage seems to me a matter of common sense..
Locked away or well hidden either way the owner ought notvleave anything to chance..
If kids are in the home educate them.
Do this in a manner which you see fit forsaking the opinions of your peers..
They are your kids..
We all like to believe that our children are intelligent but the truth is notvall of them are..
Andvthey are indeed still kkids... they are all born with mischief in thier hearts

Old 12-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #107
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1167 Times on 684 Posts
Likes Given: 1743

The best place to keep your home protection gun is in your home.
Except when you leave home, then take it with you.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #108

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Keep it beside ur bed. Easy access.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #109
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!

Liked 2824 Times on 1938 Posts
Likes Given: 565

The Only "Kid" in my house can't even pick up a gun, he walks on all 4's and sleeps in a Kennel...My EDC is also my 1st line of home defense. Funny thing,..last night we weren't expecting anyone, having just had friends over for a bit during the afternoon. At around 8:15(well after dinner for us usually) we were relaxing in the master because her back is so bad that she is only comfortable sitting up in bed while reading, we didn't even have the TV on(which is weird for us) and someone rang our front doorbell. Wasn't sure who it was and the person said "i'm lost I must have the wrong house" but I won't open the door for anyone I don't know anyway(sorry, just my EX NY-Ness,..) So I said "I Don't know you and we are not expecting company. Please Get off My Property or else i'm calling the P.D...."

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 12-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #110

Liked 79 Times on 55 Posts

[QUOTE="DrFootball;1458481"]The Only "Kid" in my house can't even pick up a gun, he walks on all 4's and sleeps in a Kennel.....

Ahh, reminds me of when my kids were little,,, must be the holidays,, gets me all nostalgic.........