Where don't you carry? - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Where don't you carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 01:39 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
This can be confusing and nebulous at times. There is a shopping mall nearby, that has a big, proper sign at the main entrance to the indoor part of the mall. So if you enter thru that door while carrying you are committing a felony. But there are several of the stores that have outside doors, and no signs. So, does that mean that if you are in the main part of the mall, with inside entrances to the stores, you can't carry, but if you enter JC Penny thru the unposted outside door you can carry into the store? Opportunity for a legal court battle.

If you have entered thru a door with no sign, you can legally say that you didn't SEE any sign. I think precedent will hold that up in a court of law.
I have this tendency to miss some signs, too. Other signs, well, I just have to admit that I can't speak/read that particular language. And I don't speak spanish since I'm not a mexican.
That's why concealed MEANS concealed.
If I ever have to save my life or someone else's in a scenario like that, well, I'll just have to deal with that in front of a jury of 12.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Speaking of violating GFZ's, when I lived in Indiana, there was a Senator who had pretty well spent his life as a proud anti-gunner, with the attitude that nobody except military, federal LE, LE in general should be allowed to have firearms. One bright and sunny, the Good Senator was busted for trying to board a commercial flight with a .357 hanging in a shoulder holster under his suit coat. A firm believer that only the "elite" should have the right to self defense. He lost the next election.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #63

Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
This can be confusing and nebulous at times. There is a shopping mall nearby, that has a big, proper sign at the main entrance to the indoor part of the mall. So if you enter thru that door while carrying you are committing a felony. But there are several of the stores that have outside doors, and no signs. So, does that mean that if you are in the main part of the mall, with inside entrances to the stores, you can't carry, but if you enter JC Penny thru the unposted outside door you can carry into the store? Opportunity for a legal court battle.
In Arkansas, the building has to have the signage at the entrance to every door or you're legal to enter. However, if it's discovered that you're carrying and you're asked to leave, you need to go or you can be charged with misdemeanor trespassing.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #64

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia
I carry everywhere allowed by law - except my parents's house out of respect for their wishes. I do carry on the way there, but put it in the lockbox cabled to the seat when I arrive. I carry at home - my husband's not completely amused by that, but usually let's it go. There's really nowhere I routinely go that's prohibited by law here except once in awhile the kids' school.

I can't carry at work, can't even have it in my vehicle, which has been a tough pill to swallow as it's a new job for me and I'm not used to leaving the gun at home. Luckily it's close enough to home I can swing by if I'm running errands before or after work.

Concealed carry is allowed in a church in FL
I live in Fl . as well it is illegal for you're employer to tell you you may not have a firearm in you're own personal conveyance.I do not carry a weapon in my workplace but I do keep it in my truck while I'm working.Carrying while in the workplace while working ,for my company is terms for automatic dismissal.So at work is the only place I will not carry.Other than a business that states that they do not allow cc on their premises.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #65
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3599 Times on 1996 Posts
Likes Given: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigArmored

I live in Fl . as well it is illegal for you're employer to tell you you may not have a firearm in you're own personal conveyance.I do not carry a weapon in my workplace but I do keep it in my truck while I'm working.Carrying while in the workplace while working ,for my company is terms for automatic dismissal.So at work is the only place I will not carry.Other than a business that states that they do not allow cc on their premises.
I have never seen a sign in any business that says gun free zone or no guns or anything like that... Finally found a reason to like this state and I'm leaving in a few months....

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU

I'm unsure about the GFZ's but I think they speak to places that are actually illegal by state law such as school zones every stayed is different.In Fl just because a store has a sign it dose not hold any legal authority.Each state has it's own set of laws pertaining to firearms and you should be able to look up and download those laws go over them and know them.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #67

Liked 144 Times on 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post

I have never seen a sign in any business that says gun free zone or no guns or anything like that... Finally found a reason to like this state and I'm leaving in a few months....
Florida has great gun laws
Also I just wanted to say it is illegal for an employer to ask if you have a firearm on your car, but we are a right to work state and they can fire you for whatever b.s reason they choose. So be smart an don't tell people there's a gun in your car, not that you ever should anyway and you'll be fine.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryGlock

Also I just wanted to say it is illegal for an employer to ask if you have a firearm on your car, but we are a right to work state and they can fire you for whatever b.s reason they choose. So be smart an don't tell people there's a gun in your car, not that you ever should anyway and you'll be fine.
That is great advise that I would take to the bank.I read an article recently where that very thing happened.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #69
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3599 Times on 1996 Posts
Likes Given: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryGlock

Yeah, no one knows, I carry concealed for a reason, open carry is perfectly legal in this state, I just don't think everyone needs to know I have it.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

HOSSFLY Likes This 
Old 11-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #70

Liked 144 Times on 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post

Yeah, no one knows, I carry concealed for a reason, open carry is perfectly legal in this state, I just don't think everyone needs to know I have it.
In Florida? Florida is not a traditional open carry state. Open Carry is lawful while engaged in, or going directly to and from, lawful Target Shooting, Hunting, Fishing, and Camping expeditions. FL Statutes 790.35(3)(h), (j), and (k)