Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Where don't you carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1238 Times on 716 Posts
Likes Given: 1871

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
It's a real pain living on the border. My wife brings up the idea every once in a while of moving back to IL. My typical answer has been "Hell NO". She's starting to figure out that I mean it.
Same here. I live in South Carolina, and have a brother in Illinois. Whenever I go to the People's Republik of Illinois, my SC permit Is good thru SC, NC, TN, KY, and IN, but when I get to the IL border I have to stop, unload my piece, lock the unloaded gun with the action open in a box, and the magazines in another box. And keep it there for the entire visit.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #52

This is my first post, but as a caution most states say it is illegal to carry in "places of worship", churches, temples, etc..

Old 11-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #53
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMDM
This is my first post, but as a caution most states say it is illegal to carry in "places of worship", churches, temples, etc..
Welcome to FTF. In my state if people were to notice you were carrying in church they would probably flip out but there is actually an old law still on the books but no longer practiced that states you are required to bring your rifle to church. Lol
I will carry in church.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1238 Times on 716 Posts
Likes Given: 1871

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMDM View Post
Good to have you aboard.
I live in South Carolina, and here, if you get the pastor's permission you can legally carry in church. Without the pastor's permission it is a felony with mandatory 5-year sentence. The pastor of my church is a hunter, target shooter, and all-round good guy. Last week he and a bunch of us went to a shooting range and had an informal "contest".
Old 11-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #55

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Anywhere that has a metal detector or other invasive procedures meant for detection of weapons (pat-downs, etc.).

Anywhere else... concealed means exactly that, concealed. What they don't know won't hurt them.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:30 PM   #56

Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

Quote:
Never heard that, interesting. Not that it would stop me, I carry in post offices and anywhere that won't stop me to be patted down or go through metal detector. That's the beauty of concealed carry. That and the only time I go to church is when I feel like pretending to be a good son for my mom who is a pastor and likes showing off her handsome son. I'd say those are just her words to denote humility, but it's also a fact so why bother.

I'd leave it in the car if I wasn't worried about it being broken into and gun stolen. Not that I don't have one there too, but it's a cheapo I don't care about. Nobody's getting my good guns!!

There are a few clubs downtown that don't allow weapons, not even a pocket Knife, found out last time took exgirlfriend out. I hate those ghetto groupie gag worthy fests myself, but still date the young chicks and they love displaying their youth all over the place and in gaudy ways, what's a guy to do?
Old 11-26-2012, 12:19 AM   #57
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3165 Times on 1763 Posts
Likes Given: 132

Quote:
Most states, not all. Perfectly legal in Utah unless you're Mormon, in which case the church has made an official request that you not carry on church property. I carry at church, if they see it which they don't they'll ask me not to bring it anymore, I make sure that doesn't happen.

I don't carry at work, it's against policy, it stays in my truck. Also any federal buildings or police buildings.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:25 AM   #58

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I carry everywhere allowed by law - except my parents's house out of respect for their wishes. I do carry on the way there, but put it in the lockbox cabled to the seat when I arrive. I carry at home - my husband's not completely amused by that, but usually let's it go. There's really nowhere I routinely go that's prohibited by law here except once in awhile the kids' school.

I can't carry at work, can't even have it in my vehicle, which has been a tough pill to swallow as it's a new job for me and I'm not used to leaving the gun at home. Luckily it's close enough to home I can swing by if I'm running errands before or after work.

Concealed carry is allowed in a church in FL

Old 11-26-2012, 01:43 AM   #59

Liked 2075 Times on 1222 Posts
Likes Given: 445

Church or the bar. (Remember Jesus' first public miracle was to turn water in to wine and the Bible says not to be drunk with wine. So I don't ever drink to the point if getting drunk. But I don't take chances with alcohol and guns or driving.)

No personal weapons at work. Security is pretty tight on the waterfront and the young armed Marines get nervous when people are found with an unauthorized weapon near the nuclear reactors and missiles.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:37 AM   #60

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Inside our local county jail..... That's pretty much the only place, and only because its the JAIL POLICY. As far as I'm concerned, an inmate will never get my weapon...