Where don't you carry? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Where don't you carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I carry whereve it is legal. In South Carolina it is a felony with 5-year mandatory sentence to carry in a GFZ.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 423 Times on 290 Posts
Likes Given: 131

I don't carry anywhere don't feel the need at this time.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:16 AM   #43

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I carry every day anywhere and everywhere I can do so legally !!!

Old 11-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
I carry whereve it is legal. In South Carolina it is a felony with 5-year mandatory sentence to carry in a GFZ.
This can be confusing and nebulous at times. There is a shopping mall nearby, that has a big, proper sign at the main entrance to the indoor part of the mall. So if you enter thru that door while carrying you are committing a felony. But there are several of the stores that have outside doors, and no signs. So, does that mean that if you are in the main part of the mall, with inside entrances to the stores, you can't carry, but if you enter JC Penny thru the unposted outside door you can carry into the store? Opportunity for a legal court battle.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #45
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 571 Times on 319 Posts
Likes Given: 2449

Off my property.
I live, exist in calif.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #46

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I carry everywhere except fed and state buildings. I can't carry at work but she stays locked in the truck. We are not permitted to have a gun on company property but that ain't happening. I work on the road and stay in hotel rooms sometimes for weeks on end. I am not about to go unarmed for that long. I carry at home or have it close by. The only time there isn't a loaded carry gun on or near me is when it is getting cleaned. In that case I will load up a rifle or shot gun and set it in the corner.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:05 AM   #47

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU

This can be confusing and nebulous at times. There is a shopping mall nearby, that has a big, proper sign at the main entrance to the indoor part of the mall. So if you enter thru that door while carrying you are committing a felony. But there are several of the stores that have outside doors, and no signs. So, does that mean that if you are in the main part of the mall, with inside entrances to the stores, you can't carry, but if you enter JC Penny thru the unposted outside door you can carry into the store? Opportunity for a legal court battle.
That is why I always enter through one of the stores that does not have a sign posted. As far as I'm concerned if I'm asked I've never entered through any other area. So I was unaware of that it was not ok in the mall.
From discussions I've had with carry instructors in Wisconsin that makes it legal. As per the law carrying in a building (excluding state, federal, etc) with a posted sign is only a misdemeanor (trespassing). Assuming they see you, they are technically supposed to ask you to leave before contacting the police.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:35 AM   #48
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2168 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 786

When I drive across the bridge into Illinois.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 11-13-2012, 03:37 AM   #49

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA
When I drive across the bridge into Illinois.
That will get you tossed in the gulag

Old 11-13-2012, 03:40 AM   #50
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2168 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 786

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman View Post
That will get you tossed in the gulag
It's a real pain living on the border. My wife brings up the idea every once in a while of moving back to IL. My typical answer has been "Hell NO". She's starting to figure out that I mean it.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA