Where don't you carry? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Where don't you carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4788 Times on 2316 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
That's awesome tack, my wife knew when we started dating I was into guns, course she grew up on a farm where guns are just as common and neccessary as the tractor.
My wife lost her father to cancer when she was 4 so she was raised by a single mother, career government employee, in the Portland Oregon metro area...

Can you say 19 year old LIBTARD of the decade, yeah, that was her and her Mom.

21 years and 4 Children latter she won't shut off Glen Beck, worries about our emergency supplies, and while not an enthusiastic shooter, she it trained and actually a pretty good shot.

Tack

Old 11-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #32

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Everywhere except work and federal/state buildings. I carry TO work then leave it in the truck. Policy here says it can't be on their property at all (even in a vehicle) but they can bite me on that one. Last I checked my vehicle wast property and also, I have a life before and after work and I choose not to be disarmed while running errands at those times. Federal and state building for obvious reasons. I avoid anywhere else that I can't, by law, carry. Since no gun signs don't have force of law here I have on occasion patronized an anti gun establishment against my will (usually where the wife wants to go) but I always carry concealed so they have no way to know anyway.

ThinkFast...your life depends on it.

www.thinkfastholsters.com
www.facebook.com/thinkfastholsters
Instagram @thinkfastholsters

Old 11-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #33

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default A Perfect Example Of How It Should Work

Here is a link to a story on the STL Today website about a bank in Troy, MO where there is a sign on the door welcoming legal CCW holders!

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/president-of-troy-mo-bank-pulls-gun-nabs-masked-robber/article_570b4e0b-d461-5e17-8a72-cd4baebc1539.html

This is textbook how things should work. There are a couple of points that I would like to make as examples of the things that were done right.
First, the bank President let the man get out of the bank, thus reducing the chance of injury to employees or patrons. Second, another band officer, also a CCW holder followed him out as backup. Third, when he engaged the robber, he did so with the intention of detaining him until the arrival of law enforcement, and last but certainly not least, it was obvious that he had played out this scenario many times and knew exactly what he was going to do.

He is an excellent example of what clear headed thinking and forethought can do in any situation. Bravo!

Old 11-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #34

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
Long as there isnt a metal detector with armed security to protect me. But then that didnt do the folks on september 11th much good either
That's about it for me if there isn't a metal detector I got it.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #35

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
I carry where it's legal and don't where it's not.

Pretty much sums it up here also.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #36

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Church and a few of my family members would take offense to bringing a weapon in their home. They don't care if I have a weapon in the car, just not in the house. They have their own weapons. I love them and I am not going to lose their respect over something so silly. I am past the days of needing to prove anything. I also respect gun buster signs. In NC LEO can tell if you have a concealed permit by running your tag. I don't want any officers that respect me and would help me to think poorly of me.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 11-11-2012 at 03:02 AM.
racer_x Likes This 
Old 11-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #37

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

The only places I don't carry are federal and state government buildings.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #38

Likes Given: 2

I carry every day. I teach Conceal Carry Classes in Colorado. It's no longer a right to carry, but when you get your permit, it's a RESPONSIBILITY!
I tell my students to carry, and not that I'm going to ask to do a "Gear Check" if we run into each other at Walmart!

I carry everywhere I'm allowed.. even though Colorado is an open carry State, I respect business owners and non carrying businesses request NOT to carry there.

If I can't carry in a particular Restaurant and can't carry.. My family knows there are other places to eat.
So be responsible. And not Rambo when carrying!

Carry Often, Carry EVERYWHERE!

Rick

Last edited by canebrake; 11-10-2012 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Not a vendor

Old 11-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #39

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I carry everywhere unless its a prohibited place with a metal detector. Concealed is concealed. I wish I could say I'm protected by the 2nd Amendment, but sadly that's not the case anymore. I am a sheepdog, and I take that responsibility very seriously, otherwise I would blend in with the sheeple and expect the police to be there when trouble happens, especially in those so-called illegal places. The wolves don't care that its illegal either.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #40

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I don't carry anywhere but my own property because I live in the wonderful state of Maryland