Where don't you carry? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Where don't you carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_c2000 View Post
I'm with you if it doesn't have metal detectors I'm armed my thinking is I carry a pf-9 if my life doesn't deepened on it no one will no I have it and if I do have to use it I don't care about my consequences just saying....
Thats a long sentence

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 11-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #22

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I liked Canes response, either I do not go there or I am carrying.

I did get the evil eye from a security guard at a bank one day, I had on my OWB holster and left my gun in the safest place in my truck I could think of. My shirt rode up on top of the holster and I didn't notice it until I saw him having a major bowel movement in the middle of the bank.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

canebrake Likes This 
Old 11-06-2012, 12:45 AM   #23

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelcross
I liked Canes response, either I do not go there or I am carrying.

I did get the evil eye from a security guard at a bank one day, I had on my OWB holster and left my gun in the safest place in my truck I could think of. My shirt rode up on top of the holster and I didn't notice it until I saw him having a major bowel movement in the middle of the bank.
I carry in my bank, oc that is. Nobody has even turned an eye.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 11-06-2012, 01:06 AM   #24

Liked 244 Times on 180 Posts

I very seldom carry anywhere, do always have one next to me when traveling. When I do carry I leave it in truck anywhere prohibited or posted no carry.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Where don't you carry?

I do not carry where it is illegal to do so, in my case that is out of state,schools or fed buildings.
I have been carrying for 3yrs everyday, everywhere legal. vacation time,2-3 weeks a yr, I feel naked. I feel like the day i don't put my seatbelt on .is the day i get nailed!!!
I have a wife that hates guns, does not want to hear it!! Don't ask don't tel, is my policy Probably the most difficult issue in our 38 yr marriage i hope I never have to say i told you so.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #26

Liked 4985 Times on 2414 Posts
Likes Given: 1586

I do not carry in "real" gun free zones as defined by:

1. A secure perimeter
2. Metal detectors
3. Armed guards

Any area claiming to be a GFZ but lacking these elements is actually a LIBTARDED WET DREAM...and I stopped suffering fools about 20 years ago.

Tack

Old 11-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #27

Liked 4985 Times on 2414 Posts
Likes Given: 1586

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbeau View Post
I do not carry where it is illegal to do so, in my case that is out of state,schools or fed buildings.
I have been carrying for 3yrs everyday, everywhere legal. vacation time,2-3 weeks a yr, I feel naked. I feel like the day i don't put my seatbelt on .is the day i get nailed!!!
I have a wife that hates guns, does not want to hear it!! Don't ask don't tel, is my policy Probably the most difficult issue in our 38 yr marriage i hope I never have to say i told you so.
I'd been married about 4 years when I brought home my first handgun. The wife took one look at it and said: "I will NOT have a handgun in my home!"

Without looking up I replied: "Your mother is 2 hours south, have a safe trip."

She spent an hour locked in the bed room but still made dinner and never brought it up again.

Tack
Old 11-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #28

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

I'd been married about 4 years when I brought home my first handgun. The wife took one look at it and said: "I will NOT have a handgun in my home!"

Without looking up I replied: "Your mother is 2 hours south, have a safe trip."

She spent an hour locked in the bed room but still made dinner and never brought it up again.

Tack
That's awesome tack, my wife knew when we started dating I was into guns, course she grew up on a farm where guns are just as common and neccessary as the tractor.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 11-07-2012, 12:16 AM   #29

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Where I carry

My state legislature just re-wrote our carry law but they need to further improve it. I explained to my legislator that he will not allow me to carry my gun into his library but he recently re-wrote the law to allow me to carry it into a BAR. HOW STUPID is that ?

_100%_ except for fed buildings, court houses and police stations. The bankers KNOW but don't mind seeing me walk into their bank.

I guess that's why they call it concealed....

Old 11-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #30

Liked 16 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I usually carry where ever is legal. I don't carry in the office as company policy prohibits but it is locked in the car. I do at times find myself not carrying when I go out to lunch. I guess if I am jumping out for a sandwhich I don't take the time to unlock the holster from the trunk and gear up so to speak. Something that is always on my mind when I am not carrying...