Where don't you carry? - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Where don't you carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #121
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1268 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

It is absolutely nuts that they don't require military personnel to be armed at all times on base. Maybe they are afraid somebody's mommy will sue them if sonny-boy or daddy's little girl gets hurt. Part of the ongoing effort to prove that you don't have to be smart to be in charge.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 12-07-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #122
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3208 Times on 1780 Posts
Likes Given: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by rslayden
Nellis AFB still has their sign up. Talks about confiscating. I work there, so work and trips to and from are the largest portion of my unarmed time. Be nice if they would at least allow checking it in. And I still don't understand how you buy a weapon in the BX there and get it off base. I guess they transport it to the gate and hand it over on the street. Maybe I should buy another, just to discover how it is really done. Just to expand knowledge you understand.
That sounds like a totally legitimate reason to buy another gun. I'd buy it.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #123

Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

I used to do ALOT of business with NW Armory in Milwaukie Oregon. Bought a half dozen firearms, cases, optics, ammo, and my safe from these guys.

About 2 years ago I swung in and saw a big new gun buster sign on the front door and have not been back.

It too bad because there knowledgable people with fair prices...but my area is blessed with many good dealers so I see no reason to give my business to people with this mindset.

Tack
At my LGA they exspect you to walk in armed, sit down & have a smoke & a cup of coffee --

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 12-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahall528 View Post
Federal buildings, schools, churches, bars, sporting events..basically what's illegal in my state(Ark). And work..policy against it, so it stays in my car then.
Me too. Glad there is always an officer within sight at these places.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #125
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
and whenever I know I'm going to have any alcohol consumption because I can have a very short fuse and it's exasurbated by alcohol and while I trust myself to probably make the right decision it's not worth the risk.
Should you lock your gun in the trunk of your car if you’re going for drinks after carrying during the day? What about the ride home? If someone drives you home, should you tell them that you have a gun in the trunk? What if you’re stopped by LEO?
Just wondering if the gun being locked in the trunk would qualify as not in your possession while under the influence?

Old 12-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #126
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3208 Times on 1780 Posts
Likes Given: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer

Should you lock your gun in the trunk of your car if you’re going for drinks after carrying during the day? What about the ride home? If someone drives you home, should you tell them that you have a gun in the trunk? What if you’re stopped by LEO?
Just wondering if the gun being locked in the trunk would qualify as not in your possession while under the influence?
Depends on what state you're in I would guess. In Utah it's legal to keep a gun in your car even without a permit because your vehicle is your personal property and is considered an extension of your house.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #127
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1268 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Depends on what state you're in I would guess. In Utah it's legal to keep a gun in your car even without a permit because your vehicle is your personal property and is considered an extension of your house.
Likewise in South Carolina. Just don't get drunk then drive, so you won't get stopped.