Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Where don't you carry? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/where-dont-you-carry-75491/)

BeyondTheBox 11-02-2012 04:03 AM

Where don't you carry?

Other than the obvious illegal federal buildings, etc.

Church? Fam functions, just incase cousin Bubba pats yer wifes bum again this year and you lose control? Shower, as has been recently pointed out in another thread?

For me:

I used to carry seldomly, but, as of recent and because of all you, I've started to carry way more frequently. The only places I won't "carry" is when bathing/showering/swimming, while at work because it's against company policy and my slacks dont hold the weight well, and whenever I know I'm going to have any alcohol consumption because I can have a very short fuse and it's exasurbated by alcohol and while I trust myself to probably make the right decision it's not worth the risk.

Come on folks, there's got to be somewhere!!!???

rhyno13 11-02-2012 04:11 AM

Federal property and schools are the only places I don't carry.

BeyondTheBox 11-02-2012 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhyno13
Federal property and schools are the only places I don't carry.

Wow, wouldn't have even thought about schools. I haven't known or wanted to know anyone of any school age for years. Probably illegal there too. Like airport.

JonM 11-02-2012 04:31 AM

Long as there isnt a metal detector with armed security to protect me. But then that didnt do the folks on september 11th much good either

KG7IL 11-02-2012 04:33 AM

Just got back from two weeks in mexico.
Didn't carry. Bummer

trip286 11-02-2012 06:56 AM

Work, because I choose not to violate policy. I do take it to work though, I just ain't got it strapped on. It stays in the glovebox or desk drawer.
inside the school. I leave it in the car.
On the boat when we go to the lake, because I don't think there would be much of a need for SD, and I have a gripping fear of it somehow ending up at the bottom of the lake. I still have nightmares from that FTF cruise. It stays in the locked truck.

And that's really it. The majority of my time outside the home is spent at work though. So, honestly, I don't carry very much at all, especially when you consider I don't really carry at home, it's just well within reach. I only spend maybe 1% of my daily life with my firearm actually attached to my body, but an easy 99% of that time is spent with it no more than arms reach.

Chainfire 11-02-2012 09:38 AM

I work at a "prohibited" work place. It would be a felony for me to carry. I will not take a chance on losing my rights to own a gun by violating the law.

mdauben 11-03-2012 01:10 PM

I work in a federal office building so I don't carry there and... thats about it. Not many further restrictions in my state but otherwise if I can't carry there I don't go there.

JTJ 11-03-2012 02:44 PM

On my kayak but if I spot another mountain lion on the beach that may change.

BeyondTheBox 11-03-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ
On my kayak but if I spot another mountain lion on the beach that may change.

Yeah, that might change my attitude about carrying during water activities as well. Cats are the stalking type, it'll wait for you to get to a shallow spot, one with logs reaching into it, or just until you've reached your stopping point.