Where does everyone carry? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Where does everyone carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 02:43 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I carry a shield 9 left hand with crossbreeds iwb at 7-8 o'clock. Sometimes leather owb.

Trying to determine best way to carry 1911. Uses a serpa for a quick minute, however noticed it quickly wore the blue off the upper portion of my slide.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:16 AM   #52

Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
I had back surgery last year and had to change the way I carry, at least for now. I have a Maxpedition Fatboy Versipack that has my Glock 23, extra mag, wallet, camera, ipod, knife and whatever else I might want to take with me. I just sling it over my shoulder and go. My man purse if you will. Works for me. And right now like usual when I'm working around the house I have a Glock 19 in a Blackhawk CQC Serpa holster.
Better than a fanny pack, though barely! Lol

Old 03-19-2013, 02:43 AM   #53

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm new at CC. Do all of you carry with one in the chamber?

Old 03-19-2013, 02:53 AM   #54

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gferg81 View Post
I'm new at CC. Do all of you carry with one in the chamber?
Some don't some do .I am well trained with my weapons and yes they are +1.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:25 AM   #55

Liked 659 Times on 560 Posts

Condition 1 is the only way to CC. Both my main and back-up are always at Condition 1. I'll switch out my magazines monthly and will drop the mag, unload and work the slide a few times every few days and then back to condition 1.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #56

Liked 104 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVT View Post
I carry my Smith & Wesson snub nose in a leather thumb break cobra in the waistband holster at 10 oclock, my tiny Ruger LCP at 1 oclock in a leather DeSantis holster, or in a MARILYN kydex holster in my bra under my left arm, kinda like a shoulder holster, straps around the inside bra band & also clips to the bra cup....
How well does that work? Does it cause any discomfort? What is draw-time like?

Old 03-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #57

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I always carry with 1 in the chamber. In most situation you probably won't have time to rack the slide to chamber a round.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:53 PM   #58

Liked 4715 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1442

Since your still gun shopping I'll go ahead and weight in. Over the last 17 years of EDC "Every Day Carry", I've packed huge guns and tiny guns, wheel guns and semi autos, guns geared for accuracy and some... not so much.

What I've figured out is that if were talking "concealment"... nothing trumps a "thin" gun so the first "dimension" is a gun under 1" Wide.

The second factor is the height of gun from the bottom of the mag to the top of the slide. Anything 5" or taller tend to print "badly" when worn strong side. 4" to 4.5" compacts are really nice at eliminating this "printing" and many come with extended back up mags... so even through your accepting a 5 to 7 round gun in order to attain these dimensions, you have the option of "higher" capacity b.u.m.'s

I know the "new guy" always "thinks" he needs a 17 round G 17 and 5 back up mags because the day after he get's his permit will be the day he stumbles into an "active shooter" on a rampage and if this is you... don't feel bad... we've all aquired some "really nice" range guns this way.

Any way, that's my .02 cents... Good Luck and be safe.

Tack

Old 03-20-2013, 12:27 AM   #59

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Since your still gun shopping I'll go ahead and weight in. Over the last 17 years of EDC "Every Day Carry", I've packed huge guns and tiny guns, wheel guns and semi autos, guns geared for accuracy and some... not so much.

What I've figured out is that if were talking "concealment"... nothing trumps a "thin" gun so the first "dimension" is a gun under 1" Wide.

The second factor is the height of gun from the bottom of the mag to the top of the slide. Anything 5" or taller tend to print "badly" when worn strong side. 4" to 4.5" compacts are really nice at eliminating this "printing" and many come with extended back up mags... so even through your accepting a 5 to 7 round gun in order to attain these dimensions, you have the option of "higher" capacity b.u.m.'s

I know the "new guy" always "thinks" he needs a 17 round G 17 and 5 back up mags because the day after he get's his permit will be the day he stumbles into an "active shooter" on a rampage and if this is you... don't feel bad... we've all aquired some "really nice" range guns this way.

Any way, that's my .02 cents... Good Luck and be safe.

Tack
This is a fact!

Old 05-23-2013, 02:43 AM   #60

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

I prefer a shoulder holster in winter and IWB at the small of my back in summer remember how you dress everyday is a very important part of how you carry