Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Where does everyone carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 04:52 AM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I carry at 4 o'clock IWB 1911. The holster is a hybrid kydex/leather one similar to a cross breed. Oh, and it's always cocked and locked!

Old 11-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #132
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 882 Times on 588 Posts
Likes Given: 224

I calf carry any size from a sub compact Beretta PX4 9mm to a Glock 21 SF C in .45 acp.

Most often, I carry a Glock 23C in .40 S&W or a Glock 32 in .357 Sig. I have conversion barrels for both in 9mm and most other barrel sizes, and sometimes do that, carrying both on the same calf, inside and outside.

I have two Glock 20s or two Glock 21s, one in 21SF C flavor. So I can go armed for bear if the need arises.

Cargo pants with a huge lower false bottom pocket allows instant access to firearm. Best if sitting, but I can go standing or walking.

Limitations, does have advantages.

Lemons? Make lemonade.

forumrunner_20131102_074351.jpg  

Last edited by AR10; 11-02-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #133
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 349 Times on 213 Posts
Likes Given: 606

I carry my G26 OWB on my 9 o'clock. It goes with me everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #134

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
$15.00 belly band worn low around the hips.
Tack
Do you actually use one? I'm thinking this might be a good answer for me as I dress very very casual (Shorts/T-shirt/T-shoes).

This could fit my needs of dress and possibly be an aid for lower back problems.

They aren't expensive and could be added to my box of holsters if needed

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 11-25-2013, 10:57 PM   #135

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgersty View Post
Dont have ccw in Illinois yet, but if and when we do, I will carry this little beauty, s&w model 60 38spcl, still looking for holsters for it.
Just about can carry that in ur pocket.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #136

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy1911 View Post
I carry a shield 9 left hand with crossbreeds iwb at 7-8 o'clock. Sometimes leather owb.

Trying to determine best way to carry 1911. Uses a serpa for a quick minute, however noticed it quickly wore the blue off the upper portion of my slide.
Had same experience with the blue.. didnt like it..
Kinda upset me a little to be honest.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #137
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
Well in all the years I've carried a purse I have never lost one. I haven't tried to carry on my body so don't know for sure I wouldn't like it but it seems like it would be odd. Tough to get to though in the purse. Been in several situations where I was thinking how would I get to it...
I try to avoid purse carry because if someone grabs my purse, they now have my gun as well. However, I prefer purses with one strap that goes across my body instead of two straps on a single shoulder, so on the rare occasion where I do carry in my purse I feel it would be a little harder to grab it easily. My preferred method is an IWB holster in the front, around 11:00. I am slender, so near the hip doesn't work for me. This is my preferred method because the gun conceals well there and I can get to it easier than the small of my back. A lady at my local LGS recommended a few holsters and let me try them on to see how they fit for me before I bought one.

Several people have posted this video on concealed carry options for women which might be useful for you:
http://.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=4izM0fiz6kk

I'm kind of interested in the thigh holster option, but haven't tried it out yet.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:46 PM   #138

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadamai View Post

I try to avoid purse carry because if someone grabs my purse, they now have my gun as well. However, I prefer purses with one strap that goes across my body instead of two straps on a single shoulder, so on the rare occasion where I do carry in my purse I feel it would be a little harder to grab it easily. My preferred method is an IWB holster in the front, around 11:00. I am slender, so near the hip doesn't work for me. This is my preferred method because the gun conceals well there and I can get to it easier than the small of my back. A lady at my local LGS recommended a few holsters and let me try them on to see how they fit for me before I bought one.

Several people have posted this video on concealed carry options for women which might be useful for you:
http://.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=4izM0fiz6kk

I'm kind of interested in the thigh holster option, but haven't tried it out yet.
And a chick wearing a holster with a handgun is hot... just sayn