When you first started carrying - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > When you first started carrying

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 09:23 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
Calm down. If you beat your wife in private that's your business.
I would say if you're an idiot in private...but you made it public.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:25 PM   #52

Liked 74 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 204

It felt weird not wearing a helmet on my scooter, when I first got my exemption. I think, I would feel very confident carrying a gun... I wish we could carry guns on our person in CANADA. You are lucky!

Old 08-31-2013, 11:32 PM   #53

Liked 13 Times on 7 Posts

Today was my first day carrying. I carried my NAA .22 MAG Black widow. I don't have a good holster yet for my G26. I was nervous at first but with a firearm that size, it concealed very well in my pocket with the stay-put holster. Couldn't even tell it was there. I know it's an absolute worst case scenario that I may actually draw my weapon, but it gives me better peace of mind knowing I can protect myself and my loved ones.

Old 09-01-2013, 04:02 AM   #54

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malan35
Today was my first day carrying. I carried my NAA .22 MAG Black widow. I don't have a good holster yet for my G26. I was nervous at first but with a firearm that size, it concealed very well in my pocket with the stay-put holster. Couldn't even tell it was there. I know it's an absolute worst case scenario that I may actually draw my weapon, but it gives me better peace of mind knowing I can protect myself and my loved ones.
You hit the nail right on the head. The anti-gun morons look at firearms as evil instruments to take lives. Us pro-gun realists look at firearms as tools to protect lives.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #55

Liked 13 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead0881

You hit the nail right on the head. The anti-gun morons look at firearms as evil instruments to take lives. Us pro-gun realists look at firearms as tools to protect lives.
Exactly. Every time I imagine myself in a scenario and ask myself if that's what it would take for me to pull my gun, I have to think of it from a 3rd party prospective. If it would seem justifiable to even the anti-gun community. It's sad but today people really need to watch out for themselves.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #56

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Living in Las Vegas, I never really worried while open carrying. Once I even went out with a group that open carried on the Strip. We did get quite a few of the "Oh my God, he has a gun!" looks from tourists but we also had a lot of folks come up and ask us questions about Nevada gun laws and about the weapons we each were carrying. Never any hassle from LVMPD. Once, while in a Mickey Ds getting lunch, a motorcycle officer came in and while waiting for our orders, we chatted about the pros and cons of our individual weapons.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #57

Liked 383 Times on 250 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
If you've got it covered the only people who will notice are people who carry and they don't care.
+1. Bottom line is, people who don't carry aren't looking for it. So if you leave it alone in public, use discretion in how you dress and aren't trying to conceal a Desert Eagle or S&W 500, only you and I will know.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:23 AM   #58

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

As time goes on, you will be able to carry bigger guns because you simply won't care what people think. I carry a Glock 23, strong side and a LC9 appendix every day. Ppl don't notice and I simply don't care

Old 09-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #59

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALfiremedic1
As time goes on, you will be able to carry bigger guns because you simply won't care what people think. I carry a Glock 23, strong side and a LC9 appendix every day. Ppl don't notice and I simply don't care
+1

People really worry too much about this issue. Unless you live in one of those police states where printing=brandishing its a non-issue. I have routinely carried full sized service pistols and while I'm sure they create an occasional bump in even the sort of loose fitting shirts I favor no one has ever called me on them or indicated they guessed I was carrying. Most people simple will not notice even the most superficially concealed handgun.

Last edited by mdauben; 09-03-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #60
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1965 Times on 1161 Posts
Likes Given: 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon View Post
No, not at all, but I grew up in a different ERA and community (ranching family), guns were really not villainized. It was ok to have a gun rack in your pick up, with a rifle, a shotgun and a lariat held in place. When you drove to town etc.

Open carry in AZ has always been on the books, you just had to make sure if you were wearing a jacket (cold weather) that enough of your holster was exposed to easily identified as such.

After the ARMY, I became a Deputy Sheriff, and spent the next 30 years in the LEO field. So carrying has been a daily deal for me, even now that I'm retired. Since my disability I hardly open carry anymore except for my fighting cane.
What he said, but make mine CO not AZ, and City cop not DS.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!