Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > when you carry where do you carry your other items?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default when you carry where do you carry your other items?

Like you phone, knife(s), keys and other misc items. I've been trying to get used to carrying my phone on my left side but it keeps falling out, luckily I have a case on it. When I had it on my right side it never fell. I'm only practicing in your preparation of getting my concealed license. Money issues I have to wait to pay for the actual license.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #2

Liked 258 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 362

I appendix carry @ 12:30 So it doesn't affect anything else really . I carry knives and cell phone in front pockets wallet in the back .

Although my phone takes up an entires pocket itself seeing it is a Samsung Galaxy Note II it has a 5.5" screen .

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #3

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Same place i always have-
Mabe i really don't understand what exactly your asking -

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

IWB appendix carry. Cell phone in left front pocket or left front jacket pocket. Knife is clipped in the right front pocket. Wallet left rear pocket, handkerchief in left rear pocket. If you're having problems, maybe you're carrying too much stuff.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I carry my phone in case with the belt clip. Since I'm right handed ill be carrying on my right side but now that I keep my phone on my left side in preparation it keeps falling out. It never fell out on my right side.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Maybe I should have just asked where everyone carries they're phone. I only carry knife, keys on belt clip, wallet in rear and phone on my hip

Old 01-19-2013, 01:30 AM   #7

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthy125
Maybe I should have just asked where everyone carries they're phone. I only carry knife, keys on belt clip, wallet in rear and phone on my hip
I just slip my iPhone in my back pocket-

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-19-2013, 01:44 AM   #8

Liked 1684 Times on 950 Posts
Likes Given: 1130

I am left handed. I carry my phone on my right side no matter what gun I am carrying. I just wanted to get used to it that way. I have been doing it for 5 years now. It is just normal for me to grab it with my right hand now. I carry my car keys in my right front pocket. The reason for this is because I sometimes pocket carry a 9mm Kahr in my left front pocket. I hope this answers your question.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:50 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthy125 View Post
Like you phone, knife(s), keys and other misc items. I've been trying to get used to carrying my phone on my left side but it keeps falling out, luckily I have a case on it. When I had it on my right side it never fell. I'm only practicing in your preparation of getting my concealed license. Money issues I have to wait to pay for the actual license.
What position are you carrying? This has a lot to do with where stuff gets moved. I carry at about 4 o'clock. My wallet is harder to get out sometimes, but it doesn't usually affect my phone in my right front pocket. You could also try some cargo pants or tactical style pants, they usually have more pockets.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:24 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

When I buy iwb jeans, which are a size to big to accomodate the gun, I noticed the pockets are larger as well...and maybe those bigger pockets will work for your phone. U have had luck with pocket + cell phone in peter box. Just don't put it in your back pocket if you are a fatty like me.....