Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > when talking to the police you should.........?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 01:26 AM   #31
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 579 Times on 275 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
in the states that you are not required to inform them, that would be IMO a personal choice. but some states, it's a requirement of holding a CC permit to inform any LEO in his performance of his duty to inform them you're carrying.
Please don't misunderstand I am in and out of the local PD on a daily basis and have carried for a very long time now. They have never asked and I am on a first name basis with all of them and they are well aware I am an enthusiast but it just never comes up and I'm reasonably certain they know or at least suspect.

I am not suggesting others break the laws in their States only stating what feels right for me here.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:14 AM   #32
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2280 Times on 1195 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Texas requires CHL holders to produce their license if detained (traffic stop) AND armed. CHL and left the gun at the house? No requirement to produce the CHL. They accidentally on purpose deleted the penalty for failing to do so. Now with the Castle Doctrine extending to your car, EVERYBODY has a gun in the car! Just keep your hands in plain sight (steering wheel) and life is good.

Good idea to just get out your wallet when the red and blues light up. Put the wallet on the dash and place hands on steering wheel. Remain calm. Calm is contageous.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-17-2013, 05:16 AM   #33

Liked 861 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Texas requires CHL holders to produce their license if detained (traffic stop) AND armed. CHL and left the gun at the house? No requirement to produce the CHL. They accidentally on purpose deleted the penalty for failing to do so. Now with the Castle Doctrine extending to your car, EVERYBODY has a gun in the car! Just keep your hands in plain sight (steering wheel) and life is good.

Good idea to just get out your wallet when the red and blues light up. Put the wallet on the dash and place hands on steering wheel. Remain calm. Calm is contageous.
Robo have you ever had someone NOT be calm when you climb out of the car??? Someone NOT cracked out or staggering drunk that is.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:20 AM   #34

Liked 3772 Times on 1866 Posts
Likes Given: 1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
It depends on the law in your home state. In NC we are required to tell the officer we are armed if the officer puts the blue lights on and pulls you over. I have been pulled over several times because the officer was trying to locate someone in my neighborhood to serve a warrant. I tell them I am armed and the officers are very relaxed. I answer any questions the officer asks and I go about my business.

Most of the time when officers ask weird questions or make jokes they are watching to see how you react. I had one officer ask if I had any hand grenades, rocket launchers or explosives. I told him I sold my bat mobile. He laughed and sent me on my way.
Once had an officer ask menif I had any Balistic Missles?

I said... "Bend over...and I'll show you!"

Tack

Old 01-17-2013, 05:24 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

Tack
Female officer I hope???? o_O

Speaking of which we have a new female cop around here that is SMOOOOOOKINGLY HAAAWT!!!!

Old 01-17-2013, 05:25 AM   #36
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2280 Times on 1195 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Robo have you ever had someone NOT be calm when you climb out of the car??? Someone NOT cracked out or staggering drunk that is.
You would be surprised. We have more than our fair share of idiots. I really don't mind stopping at the ER on the way to booking. It all pays the same. BUT I have talked myself out of WAY more fights than I have talked myself in to.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-17-2013, 05:28 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post

You would be surprised. We have more than our fair share of idiots. I really don't mind stopping at the ER on the way to booking. It all pays the same. BUT I have talked myself out of WAY more fights than I have talked myself in to.
Ya....its pretty easy to talk your way out when your half a foot taller than them isn't it

Old 02-15-2013, 03:42 AM   #38

Liked 258 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

Tack
My wife and I are convinced that if you keep all the leftover parts from ikea furniture and are smart enough you can build a nuclear device. We think that's why the Iranians love ikea so much...
Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949

Old 02-15-2013, 04:26 AM   #39

Liked 3772 Times on 1866 Posts
Likes Given: 1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingMind View Post
My wife and I are convinced that if you keep all the leftover parts from ikea furniture and are smart enough you can build a nuclear device. We think that's why the Iranians love ikea so much...
I don't know about Ikea parts but having a couple wraps of 100 MPH tape around the base of my Mags and 50' of 550 Cord HAS saved my azz more than once...

Tack

Old 02-15-2013, 05:36 AM   #40

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase127

I live in Alabama and your ccw is supposed to be prominently displayed just like your drivers license.
Incorrect. AL law has no requirement to inform. Unless an LEO specifically asks you have no requirement to volunteer to him that you have a pistol permit or that you are armed.