Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > when is it ok? or is it ok?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 12:32 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

It would be HOT down range for me!

Old 05-30-2011, 03:01 PM   #42

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Most states have laws in place holding the bad guy accountable for any deaths or injuries associated with his illegal actions. In such a situation, I would engage the target and stop shooting once the threat had been stopped. Two or three extra rounds aren't going to add much or subtract from the confusion of the situation but those rounds might save an innocent kid's life a few minutes later on. You never know how things will move or what will happen because most of these situations are so fluid any way.

Old 05-30-2011, 04:55 PM   #43

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

If this was a Tea Party gathering in South Carolina or a Republican town hall meeting in Florida, this would have had a different ending, for sure.

A responsible carrying citizen would NOT want to draw until they totally understand the situation. Otherwise, another person might misinterpret and think YOU are involved in the shooting and drop YOU.

I just hope that when I am in such a situation, my automatic response will be to move forward and help, not crouch in fear. My only experiences have been in controlled teaching environments, not in critical live fire.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face