when is it ok? or is it ok? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > when is it ok? or is it ok?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #21
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2011 Times on 1094 Posts
Likes Given: 602

Skull; You are right. If I had a safe shot yes I would have taken it. We dont know if there was a safe shot and as I said you are responsible for every round you fire. You better not hit someone else by mistake.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am who I am and your approval is not needed.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #22

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
In cases like this one, you will always hear about the woman that was there.

IDA DUNN
Indeed. Woulda, coulda, and shoulda...enactment of any three, could have been a scene changer.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 02-04-2011, 03:45 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

I saw an interview with the armed citizen. He said that when he heard the shots, he approached the scene, reaching under his jacket to put his hand on his gun and flip the safety off. He got there after the lady had grabbed the magazine from him and another citizen had grabbed the gunman. At first, the armed guy didn't know who the shooter was. When he realized that the shooter was grappling with the other good guy, he lent a hand.

So, from my understanding of the events, I'd say he did very well. Of course, my recollection may be imperfect, and other things may have happened. There were stories that said he almost shot the wrong person, but I believe they were all from anti-gun sources, since the guy's gun never cleared the holster. I think they were just extrapolating from the fact that the guy didn't correctly identify the shooter at first. But I think he was very level-headed under the circumstances.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 02-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #24

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by utf59 View Post
I saw an interview with the armed citizen. He said that when he heard the shots, he approached the scene, reaching under his jacket to put his hand on his gun and flip the safety off. He got there after the lady had grabbed the magazine from him and another citizen had grabbed the gunman. At first, the armed guy didn't know who the shooter was. When he realized that the shooter was grappling with the other good guy, he lent a hand.

So, from my understanding of the events, I'd say he did very well. Of course, my recollection may be imperfect, and other things may have happened. There were stories that said he almost shot the wrong person, but I believe they were all from anti-gun sources, since the guy's gun never cleared the holster. I think they were just extrapolating from the fact that the guy didn't correctly identify the shooter at first. But I think he was very level-headed under the circumstances.
Yep, I also saw a couple different interviews with him and that is how he described it. Give the info that others were already involved in restraining him, taking a shot at that time would have been a bad idea.

2010: "Of course I'll waive my rights. I don't want to miss my connecting flight."

Old 02-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:

That's the way I heard it also. The guy did the right thing.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem."
Ronald Wilson Reagan, 1911-2004, 40th President of the United States of America

Old 02-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #26

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:

As told he was 100% correct in judgement, which again shows that those that carry concealed are not Wanna-be Rambos looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

I commend the guy for not escalating the situation by drawing his weapon and trying to get everyone down on the ground or some stupid BS like that.

He showed excellent judgement and excellent assessment of the situation given those previously unknown circumstances.

*respect* to all three people who did something instead of running away from danger, they put their lives in greater peril by attempting to stop a murderer. That above all else is what should be the character that is remembered that day.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #27

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default great job by this young man!

As far as I am concerned this young man did everything right! Some may question why he was at scene.(he was across the street buying cigarettes when he heard the gunshots). He chose to help if he could. He was smart he did not go in like "rambo" as someone said earlier but was in hyper mode and alert to surroundings. He saw the woman with the magazine, the older gent with the gun,but took the second look at situation and never drew his weapon. The older gent actually tackled the suspect and got the gun.
Had he gone in rambo-esque, he may have wound up shot by police or even by a less criticall cc person. Arizona is a big gun state.........where were they??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
As told he was 100% correct in judgement, which again shows that those that carry concealed are not Wanna-be Rambos looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

I commend the guy for not escalating the situation by drawing his weapon and trying to get everyone down on the ground or some stupid BS like that.

He showed excellent judgement and excellent assessment of the situation given those previously unknown circumstances.

*respect* to all three people who did something instead of running away from danger, they put their lives in greater peril by attempting to stop a murderer. That above all else is what should be the character that is remembered that day.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:35 AM   #28

I don't know if any one else was taught this, but I was always taught, "Clean target, clean background". If he were to shot and take out the BG....he is a hero, if on the other hand he was to shoot miss and take out a school girl, and nun and Paris Hilton.....well then he is only 1/3 hero(bad joke, I know) and 2/3 murderer.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:54 PM   #29

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

The armed citizen was in the store buyng some cigarettes when he heard what sounded like gun fire. He ran out of the store and saw the felon trying to load a clip in the pistol. A women was attacking the shooter as well as another by stander. The citizen held the shooter and the woman pulled the gun from his hand. Their was no need to display the citizens gun under these conditions. The citizen was cool and made the right moves.

DK

Old 02-28-2011, 05:29 PM   #30

with the jurisdictions or lack their of I dont know what I am allowed to do or not