when is it ok? or is it ok?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > when is it ok? or is it ok?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 02:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default when is it ok? or is it ok?

Ok guys big debate at the local gun shop. i walked into the shop and there was 3 or 4 guys and all the guys working the gun department talking by the counter so i went to see what was up. they were talking about the Arizona shooting and how the guy who took the gun from the shooter had a concealed carry permit and WAS carrying that day but he choose not to shoot as he watched the shooter blast away people, but he waits for the right time to go take the gun from the shooter. after i listened for a bit i chimed in and informed everyone i was a religious carrier and if i had ever seen something like that happening i would most definitely take the shot and save innocent lives. one of the guys behind the counter said well you would never recover financially and your name would be **** for the rest of your families life. he said i would be charged with so many things that you may as well have been doing the shooting. then he listed about 20 different things i would be charged with. Is this true?

Id love to here anyone and everyones opinion on this topic.

Thanks 500

I think tomorrow ill be going into the sheriffs department and talking to a good friend of mine to come to the bottom of this because if it is true it is absolutely pointless to carry.

I live in Montana so if that is a question of anyones.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-04-2011, 02:24 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Personally, I dont care what the law says. If someone starts shooting people in a crowd and i have the power to stop them, then i will. Its as simple as that. Lets see someone get charged with anything when the media or atleast the public holds them up as a hero.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:27 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I would have shot the guy. The reason I carry is to protect myself and my family first, next in line are the others around me. I think you would be safe in shooting in the given situation.

Is Montana being invaided by libtards?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-04-2011, 02:32 AM   #4

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

In my state it is legal to use deadly force to stop deadly force. 500! Where do you live, so I don't mistakenly move there?

People get the government they deserve.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:41 AM   #5

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Can you be charged? Yes. Will his family sue you? Probably. There's a reason they have the saying. It's better to be judged by twelve than carried by six. Also you will have your conscious to answer to.

we're Americans and we pray for peace, and if we can't have peace we find and destroy the people who screwed up the damn peace. So we can have some peace. - Christopher Titus

Old 02-04-2011, 02:44 AM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I would shoot.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:44 AM   #7

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Can you be charged? Yes. Will you be convicted, probably not. Will his family sue you? Most likely nowadays. Will you have to pay them? Depends on your lawyer and if theirs is better. Should you shoot him? Well that's up to you but I answer to god and he scares me more than any judge and jury.

we're Americans and we pray for peace, and if we can't have peace we find and destroy the people who screwed up the damn peace. So we can have some peace. - Christopher Titus

Old 02-04-2011, 02:52 AM   #8

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

If you are going to carry a weapon, you have a duty to be able and willing to use that weapon to stop a threat.

Now if you believe that this responsibility ends with "you" personally, that is your right.

However I think you will find that most individuals here on this forum would disagree strongly with that belief and would personally extend that area of influence.

While YMMV I would hope it doesn't.

JD

Old 02-04-2011, 02:58 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I know me as a active duty military member if I were in that situation I am REQUIRED to do something if I have the means. Now if that means i have a gun hell yes im goin to shoot him and when the jury says why did you shoot him id say My family was in direct danger, i feared for my life and the lives of others around me, and its my job to do so. They teach us deadly force triangle. Oppertunity, Intent, Capablilty. if all those are met deadly force is autorized to protect goverment assets, people, and a few other things.

better believe i would have shot him.... plus do you really think that if you saved the life of the governer that you would get in that much trouble for it??? Bet she is friends with the judges in that state!

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 02-04-2011, 03:06 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I would have shot the guy. The reason I carry is to protect myself and my family first, next in line are the others around me. I think you would be safe in shooting in the given situation.

Is Montana being invaided by libtards?
Hahaha it seems that way! or just a bunch of stupid stupid people.