When is it NOT OK to use a firearm to defend yourself? - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > When is it NOT OK to use a firearm to defend yourself?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 11:13 PM   #101
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8320 Times on 4808 Posts
Likes Given: 10786

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
VK, It is my understanding that there was a "house cleaning" of some parts of the department.

I did read the rest of the Wiki article on the case, but I still question whether there were any substantive and lasting improvements in Atlanta.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:18 PM   #102
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

When being attacked by a chihuahua.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:21 PM   #103
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillWork4Ammo View Post
When being attacked by a chihuahua.
My late grandmother's morbidly obese Chihuahua scared a burglar into going through a closed window. Dog had some lungs on him.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

TDS92A Likes This 
Old 11-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #104

Liked 246 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 12

In Pennsylvania, you are not allowed to resist an unjustified arrest by police . You are expected to comply and straighten it out later .

I imagine that resisting a murderous assault by police would be different

Old 11-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #105
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8320 Times on 4808 Posts
Likes Given: 10786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
In Pennsylvania, you are not allowed to resist an unjustified arrest by police . You are expected to comply and straighten it out later .

I imagine that resisting a murderous assault by police would be different
I find this to be deeply, deeply troubling. It serves no other purpose but to empower police to make arrests regardless of the evidence and/or guilt. It is a prophylactic approach to law enforcement that is akin to putting on a condom before you go out for a Saturday night.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 11-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #106

Liked 79 Times on 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

I find this to be deeply, deeply troubling. It serves no other purpose but to empower police to make arrests regardless of the evidence and/or guilt. It is a prophylactic approach to law enforcement that is akin to putting on a condom before you go out for a Saturday night.
Very effing WELL put VD!
Old 11-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #107

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

How could I sue them from the grave?

If there is a person in a uniform acting in a threatening manner to the point I am concerned for my life, can I not defend myself with a firearm legally? What if a person in a police uniform has struck me with a baton and appears to be preparing to strike me again with the baton (not the twirling kind)? What if this person has shot me in the abdomen, wounding me gravely? What if they have beaten and then shot repeatedly the person I was riding with? What if they are shouting in what appears to me to be an irrational manner and have shot the family pets? Do I have to wait for them to do actual physical damage before I defend myself?

With a random, non-uniformed person, whenever I legitimately feel "in fear of losing my life" I can defend myself with whatever means are available to me (knife, gun, severed limb).

At what point does the law permit me to exercise my right to an armed self-defense against a person wearing a uniform? Is there a particular law that makes uniformed persons a "protected class" or something?
Im going to go out on a limb here and say that if the uniformed officer has struck you with a baton, he has in his mind that you have deserved it.
Yanking out ones heater cant end well here as the officer will either say "abra hadabra your a corpse" or his uniformed buddies will come screeching in with long guns and small penises shooting first and asking questions later. Once it has been ascertained that uniform #1 was an idiot that made a blunder... your already a corpse..
However if after uniform #1 smites thee with his baton, you notice him pulling out another baton (not the twirling type) and muttering something about a "purdy mouth", then you know something is awry. :-)