when going to the restroom do you... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > when going to the restroom do you...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Curious as to why you guys un-holster your sidearm...

I carry IWB and if I do have to drop trou, it stays put. I'll shift it over so it rests on my knee but I leave it holstered...Just wondering...
Some of us have to sit to pee.

Maybe it is just me, but I always feel very vulnerable when Im in a public restroom. I carry just above the right butt cheek, if I leave it holstered it is more difficult to get at when my pants are around my ankles. So I unholster and rest it in the crotch of my pants while they are down. It is easier to get at, and makes it impossible to forget to reholster.

I asked this question of a guy friend of mine who carries as much as I. I wasn't sure how guys went pee with a gun on their hip. He said his stays in place because he only unzips his fly, leaving his belt and button done up.

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 09-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #12

Liked 1960 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale View Post
Some of us have to sit to pee.

Maybe it is just me, but I always feel very vulnerable when Im in a public restroom. I carry just above the right butt cheek, if I leave it holstered it is more difficult to get at when my pants are around my ankles. So I unholster and rest it in the crotch of my pants while they are down. It is easier to get at, and makes it impossible to forget to reholster.

I asked this question of a guy friend of mine who carries as much as I. I wasn't sure how guys went pee with a gun on their hip. He said his stays in place because he only unzips his fly, leaving his belt and button done up.
Now that makes perfect sense...

I stopped dropping all the way to the ankles when I started carrying, just to the knees...I wonder how much of THIS thread is gonna end up the the 'Slips'?

Old 09-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 84 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

If I have to drop trou I typically unholster my weapon and lay it in the crotch of my pants. These makes it easy to get to but keeps it out of sight. It also keeps me in total control of the weapon and does open the possibility of knocking it off something in the stall unlike if you lay it on any surface.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #14

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I just make it easy and piss myself....lol jk
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380
People Like This 
Old 09-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #15

Liked 5011 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

...this is why I carry strongside IWB in a Belly Band.

It's not attached to my pants! Simply velcro'd around the waist.

Drop Trousers, tug Belly Band up a bit, and commence your class II download.

The gun remains strapped to me..."positive control", with no risk of falling because the azz clown in the next stall bumps into the divider.

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 09-12-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #16

Liked 3072 Times on 1386 Posts
Likes Given: 2867

Ok don't laugh but I never do that in a public restroom ever. Yuck.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #17

Liked 1726 Times on 1028 Posts
Likes Given: 372

I always unholster after the time I dropped my jeans, in a hurry and my 1911 skittered across the floor........Than goodness I was alone in there. I always use the stall nearest the wall and if there is nowhere else to put it. I will lay it on the floor, away from the adjoining stall. I am waiting for some basketball player to peek over the partition and see the cocked and locked .45 laying on the toilet paper holder.

Carl Sagan

Old 09-12-2012, 01:12 AM   #18

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Another good reason for pocket carry. Not a problem. Drop 'em, stays out of sight, pull 'em up, still in place. What's to worry about? Never occurred to me.

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

Old 09-12-2012, 03:26 AM   #19

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Now that makes perfect sense...

I stopped dropping all the way to the ankles when I started carrying, just to the knees...I wonder how much of THIS thread is gonna end up the the 'Slips'?
Quote:
.I wonder how much of THIS thread is gonna end up the the 'Slips'?
I am sure the supporting members will get plenty of laughs at my expense. Deduct it on your taxes as a mental health aid.

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”
vincent Likes This 
Old 09-12-2012, 03:31 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 84 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnorman18 View Post
Another good reason for pocket carry. Not a problem. Drop 'em, stays out of sight, pull 'em up, still in place. What's to worry about? Never occurred to me.
I will agree there. I carried and LCP for a while and it made life very easy. Only reason I stopped is because I felt so undergunned with a 380. I know it's better than nothing but I certainly didn't feel prepaired with only that weapon on me .

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer