Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   when going to the restroom do you... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/when-going-restroom-do-you-72234/)

invicta8926 09-11-2012 01:57 PM

when going to the restroom do you...

When carrying into a public restroom (which unfortunately we all find ourselves in at one time or another) how many of us remove our firearms from the holster when dropping our trousers?

KG7IL 09-11-2012 03:19 PM

I carry everday, at home, in town and everywhere else.

I remove my Kimber Ultra when in a public restroom.

If a stable flat spot is available, (top of TP dispenser) I may use that as a resting place,
If no spot is availalbe, it is cradled in my garmets, out of view, out of reach.

Two thoughts,
I don't want my pants to drop to the floor leaving the firearm in view, in reach or yuk.
Although I carry at home, I remove my firearm at home when seated and have become ingrained on checking and replacing the firearm. It has become part of the process, so to speak.

This is going to be a tough thread to keep out of the toilet.

don1 09-11-2012 03:34 PM

Ha ha, reminds me of the "situation" I had at the match, in one of those "porta johns" - no flat surfaces, nowhere to put your gun...

g23shooter 09-11-2012 03:38 PM

If a stable flat spot is available, (top of TP dispenser) I may use that as a resting place,
If no spot is availalbe, it is cradled in my garmets, out of view, out of reach.

Ditto

PanBaccha 09-11-2012 04:07 PM

When using the urinals do you turn your back? ;)

vincent 09-11-2012 04:56 PM

Curious as to why you guys un-holster your sidearm...:confused:

I carry IWB and if I do have to drop trou, it stays put. I'll shift it over so it rests on my knee but I leave it holstered...Just wondering...

kytowboater 09-11-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincent
Curious as to why you guys un-holster your sidearm...:confused:

I carry IWB and if I do have to drop trou, it stays put. I'll shift it over so it rests on my knee but I leave it holstered...Just wondering...

I don't like it being on the floor or in view/ reach. Personal preference really. It's a pain for me to re-trou with a 3.5lbs rig.

invicta8926 09-11-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG7IL
I carry everday, at home, in town and everywhere else.

I remove my Kimber Ultra when in a public restroom.

Two thoughts,
I don't want my pants to drop to the floor leaving the firearm in view, in reach or yuk.
Although I carry at home, I remove my firearm at home when seated and have become ingrained on checking and replacing the firearm. It has become part of the process, so to speak.

This is going to be a tough thread to keep out of the toilet.

Agree, I do the same. LOL.

dragunovsks 09-11-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invicta8926

Agree, I do the same. LOL.

Yep me too, ill leave it in the holster put remove the rig from my pants, drop trou and hold it in my lap.

For #1 I just unzip my fly reach in and well you know, leaving the top button fastened so my pistol doesn't drag my pants to the floor like elevator at the beginning of "Speed"

JonM 09-11-2012 06:20 PM

Just dont hang it on the coat hook by the trigger guard. Bump firing in the restroom sux. There was holes in one of the mp bathroom ceilings from someone doing that... wasnt me though

I also put it on something flat if possible if not it goes on top of the pants if i gotta do some sit down business. Bathrooms are a common place to get mugged or robbed. I go extra high alert if i gotta use a public restroom.