What's YOUR work carry weapon? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > What's YOUR work carry weapon?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 02:32 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I work in the commie state of Illinois(Indiana resident), plus my job won't allow firearms on their property!!

Sent from somewhere at sometime during that one day.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:52 PM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Man, it just soaked in thru my thick skull how many of us are in the same boat - being denied the RIGHT to carry while at work. The paranoia of employers pertaining to the possibility of being sued if somebody gets hurt. Don't they understand that if a crazy fool is going to go ape-sh!t and shoot up the office or factory, a "rule" against carrying is not going to stop him/her/it?

Old 04-09-2014, 04:03 PM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2072 Times on 1225 Posts
Likes Given: 1007

There is a BIG difference in the law verses company policy! There are many places where the prejudice employer will violate your right of self-defense. If you chose to CCW which is not against the law you are only subject to the prejudicial behavior of the 'boss'. Many do CCW in this environment( I did) and have made a conscious decision to put their safety and safety of others above the possible negative consequences, based on prejudice, they maybe subject to. They are truly the most responsible people among us and they should be supported to the hilt by ALL who TRULY believe in the RTKABA's!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 04-09-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Old 04-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #54

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

I feel the EXACT ^^^^^ same way about College. In Virginia it is perfectly LEGAL to carry on College Campuses. In most cases, the college violates my right to defense. So, I make a decision to arm myself. At the end of the day, I AM GOING HOME. PERIOD!

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 04-09-2014, 04:32 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHawk View Post
I feel the EXACT ^^^^^ same way about College. In Virginia it is perfectly LEGAL to carry on College Campuses. In most cases, the college violates my right to defense. So, I make a decision to arm myself. At the end of the day, I AM GOING HOME. PERIOD!
There are the subcompact pistols like the little .380's that are flat enough to be able to be carried in a pocket without being noticed. If the piece is never noticed, and never discussed, it may be possible to respond to an emergency. Surely the college will not, if any logic exists, crucify someone for saving a bunch of lives. But, then, we are dealing with a lib "Institution of Higher Learning". So who knows. But if your moral convictions are stronger than you fear of losing your job, then you are to be commended.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #56

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

At school, I carry an LC9. Nice and small. No need for more than the 8 rounds it carries. I'm not Rambo or Chuck Norris. I'm only trying to save my own skin in a SHTF situation. I'll still barricade the door and hide out. However, IF the shooter gains access to the room I am in, and it is gonna be him that dies, or me that dies, I want it to be him. I NEED to get home to my daughter at any cost.

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 04-09-2014, 06:22 PM   #57
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

GOOD MAN! MoHawk!! And the reality is that IS what It comes down to,..Who Lives and who dies,..who goes home and who goes to the Coroners Office....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
MoHawk Likes This