What's YOUR work carry weapon? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > What's YOUR work carry weapon?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 02:35 PM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6191 Times on 3260 Posts
Likes Given: 448

Im neither condoning nor promoting carry where its prohibited. Ive removed several post as such. If you carry where you arent supposed to please dont post about it. Please dont hint at it. It falls under the same tent as helping folks bypass laws...

Thanks.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

People Like This 
Old 03-13-2014, 05:28 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3728 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Well as a Marine my issue weapon would be an M16-A2 if I were in need of one right now. But I don't see a deployment coming up anytime soon so of I am in need of one and I'm not training, there's probably a very serious problem happening.

I wish we were allowed to CC on base.

Always have clean socks.

MoHawk Likes This 
Old 03-13-2014, 06:43 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1276 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, AIM 7 Sparrows and Sidewinders. Now I am not allowed to have a weapon at work.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #24

Liked 49 Times on 39 Posts

I recently changed jobs and at my old job, firearms were prohibited on the property even if secured in your vehicle. So that meant that you couldn't carry from your home to work. I use to work for the state of Virginia. At my new job that isn't an issue. Same work just different rules. The governor forbid local government from preventing infringement on one's second ammendment right but have no problem doing it themselves.

Anyways if it's day time I carry my FN 5.7 and if it's night I carry my Sig Sauer 1911 with Crimson Trace grips. I could explain why but I believe you guys already know.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 03-17-2014, 07:07 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 144 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Primary Sig 226 in 357Sig, backup S&W 340PD 357Mag.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.
MoHawk Likes This 
Old 03-18-2014, 04:38 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2104 Times on 1246 Posts
Likes Given: 1041

WORK what is that!!! Oh, I remember. While 'working' on the farm it is my SP101 OC! Out and about while 'working' at being retired it is usually my 6906!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 03-21-2014, 05:09 AM   #27

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I have carried a Glock 26 in a Galco King Tut IWB holster for the longest time. Just for the fun of it, I got an Alien Gear IWB holster and am carrying my Glock 17. I'm surprised how well that works. If I bend over it prints, so I squat to pick something up. It's not as comfortable, but not uncomfortable. I may just stick with the G17. 17+1 rounds. I kind of like that.

Anyone tried a sub-compact like the G26 in an OWB small of back holster? My G26 could be my BUG.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 03-24-2014, 06:39 AM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3017 Times on 1572 Posts
Likes Given: 289

G-20C, X-26 and First Defense OC. The ASP sits in the car in case I need to break a window. Saiga and Colt AR in the trunk until I get my Tahoe back from the body shop, then they will be beside me in vertical rack.

Off duty? Same G-20C w/15 rd mag and 17 rd spare

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-24-2014, 09:41 AM   #29
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3373 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Carried Professionally: issued a 1911 Gov't model, which had Some rust on it,.went to the Armory Sgt. On Duty at the desk, explaining what I found to be rust in at least 3 places on the Gun, which to me was an insult. Was told that my serial number was in the book, and that was the # on the Gun, so that was my Gun. Manufacture date was in 1937. Next off day I went to the local off base GS and bought my own Colt Combat Commander. Few months later I also bought a Beretta 92.both are still with me.
Prior to that, as an Armored Guard while in CJ school, I carried a Colt Trooper4" and a Remington 870.
After the Service, while doing work for my Cousins law firm, I carried a Colt Cobra, and the BUG was a .380 Walther PPK.
These days of what's supposed to be quiet retirement it's mostly my LC9, and Once in a bit it's my S&W 439. I'm waiting on my Charter Pitbull in 9MM, and I have some others I'd like to score...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 03-24-2014, 02:24 PM   #30
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1342 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule659 View Post
Gen 3 Glock 22 (issue) which I hate. And Springfield XDS .45 on ankle rig for backup. Primary will soon be a Sig P226 in 9mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
What ankle holster did you find comfortable for that .45? Not a typical ankle carry caliber! I have found it hard to carry a major caliber on the ankle because there is usually a snag or hang up with the pant leg showing the gun/holster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Im neither condoning nor promoting carry where its prohibited. Ive removed several post as such. If you carry where you arent supposed to please dont post about it. Please dont hint at it. It falls under the same tent as helping folks bypass laws...

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHawk View Post
My post was removed and I wasn't violating ANY laws. I think we are being censored by Obama...
The thread asks "what you carry" and NOT "if it's legal." Keep comments to make, model and holster and quit self-incriminating yourselves on a forum that your current or potential employer can find. JonM is not being cruel, he's trying to keep you from further retaliation from an unjust government and society! no one here wants a member unemployed or unable to get a better job because of something they unwittingly posted.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Last edited by TekGreg; 03-24-2014 at 02:26 PM.
AIKIJUTSU Likes This