whats in your magazine when you carry?,FMJ,Hollow point,etc - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > whats in your magazine when you carry?,FMJ,Hollow point,etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 206 Times on 154 Posts

To me if you have a feeding problem with hollow points jacketed or lead you have a feeding problem that needs fixing. Even my hi points handle them find.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #22

Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol
To me if you have a feeding problem with hollow points jacketed or lead you have a feeding problem that needs fixing. Even my hi points handle them find.
Thats because your HiPoint has such loose tolerances that the 9mm probally could feed 45's reliably.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner

Thats because your HiPoint has such loose tolerances that the 9mm probally could feed 45's reliably.
My 9chambers 9 and my 45 chambers 45 and if your don't then then I'd say there is a problem with yours.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #24

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

I only carry a 9mm and it's always filled with Hornady Critical Defense when I carry it. Just like below, I will only carry with JHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
I have Hornady critical defense hollow points in my .45, and Speer gold dot hollows in my 9mm.

I don't like the idea of using anything but hollow points for personal defense.
IF I ever needed to fire my guns in self defense, I want to hit my intended target and not have to worry about it going through him and hitting an innocent person that may possibly be standing behind him.
Out of curiosity, why not use the Critical Defense in the 9mm as well? Do you find an advantage with the Gold Dot?

Old 05-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #25

Quote:

My 9chambers 9 and my 45 chambers 45 and if your don't then then I'd say there is a problem with yours.
No, my pistols work just fine, I just love when people point out the superior qualities of the HiPoint brand but get all butt hurt when their short comming are pointed out to them.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #26

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Winchester Ranger JHP's

" TO EACH HIS OWN "

Old 05-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner

No, my pistols work just fine, I just love when people point out the superior qualities of the HiPoint brand but get all butt hurt when their short comming are pointed out to them.
Well I don't believe I said anything about my hi points being superior now did I. I simply stated that they have no feed problems with hollow points. But I knew some brand snob would have to put them down. My point was if a $139 dollar gun chambers hollow point surly all guns should be able to. The two hi points I have are not the best I have , but they are not the worst I've seen. They do function and function well.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #28

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:

Well I don't believe I said anything about my hi points being superior now did I. I simply stated that they have no feed problems with hollow points. But I knew some brand snob would have to put them down. My point was if a $139 dollar gun chambers hollow point surly all guns should be able to. The two hi points I have are not the best I have , but they are not the worst I've seen. They do function and function well.
What hi point needs... market competition. I have become a bit of a 1911 fanboy, but I have mad respect for hi point (many here who have read my posts can attest to that) we need some more makers that will make a gun as good or better than a hi point at a comparable price. This could possibly drive prices down and quality up across the board according to my redneck economics way of thinking. Before anyone screams that the big makers would start cutting corners, let me point out, I don't think they will. Hi point goes bang. Niche market, like the Saturday night specials of yesterday's lore, except less dangerous to the one behind the gun. There would be no need for the other makers such as Colt, Springfield, Kimber, or Remington to cut costs and corners, they would still have their following.

For the record, I don't consider cobray or jiminez to be competitors to hi point. Their quality, CS, and warranty just isn't there.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #29

Quote:

Call me a brand snob if you will, I was just referring to the fact that you pointed out that your HiPoint's feed everything so well other guns should as well, I happen to agree with you I also think that a prius get 50mpg and so should my dodge ram but it doesn't. Because it doesn't doesn't make it wrong because it does other things well.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #30

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon
I only carry a 9mm and it's always filled with Hornady Critical Defense when I carry it. Just like below, I will only carry with JHP.

Out of curiosity, why not use the Critical Defense in the 9mm as well? Do you find an advantage with the Gold Dot?
No.. its just that ive been using the Gold dot in my 9mm for a couple years now and I know my gun likes it. It has always fed well and never felt that I needed to change.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"