Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Whats your favorite P.P.G.?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 02:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Whats your favorite P.P.G.?

I thought I'd start a thread on PPG (Personal-Protection-Gear).

I.E. what gear have you sorted out from the mix over the years that is your everyday go to gear for personal protection?

I'll be adding a pic later, but here is my list that I've found seems to be the main gear I'm using the most for one reason or the other;

Colt 1911(s).
CMC magazines.
IWB holster(s).
Streamlight Scorpion.
Gerber fast draw.

I guess there's tons of other stuff I could have added to the list like, ammo, cell phone, "tactical" watches and wallets, etc...etc, LOL, you get the idea but I fugured I'd keep it short.

Lets see what you guys are using,....and please no kitchen sinks,.......

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-21-2009, 02:34 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Glock 21 45acp
Uncle Mikes IWB holster
Spare factory mag
230gr Fed HST's
Nuttin fancy, just the basics.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:20 PM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Uncle Mike's full of XD9 service, 1:00.
The holster wasn't a very good fit when I bought it, so I cut away every fold and wrinkle in the holster so that my fingertips can all contact the grip and the slide just above the trigger guard for quick indexing and no fumbling.
Hornady Critical Defense FTX 115 gr (17 rounds)
Most important: A conscious effort to take in what's going on around me at every minute of the day and night and understand how it relates to me. I don't ever want to have to pull a weapon on another human being. Well, there's that bastard out in California and a bunch of jihadists, but aside from them, I just ain't into conflict.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #4

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

My current setup minus the 1911 which is still on layaway.
CCW CZ70 .32 auto in an Uncle Mikes IWB holster with passport extra mag pouch. Using Fiocchi 7.65 Browning hollow point.

S&W Sigma SW40VE with leather Bianchi IWB holster or Uncle Mikes belt holster (I open carry at work and conceal when not at work). Using winchester FMJ ammo

Old 09-22-2009, 05:13 PM   #5

Walther P99
DeSantis Insider
180 gr HydraShoks

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

Old 09-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr1911 View Post
I guess there's tons of other stuff I could have added to the list like, ammo, cell phone, "tactical" watches and wallets, etc...

What is a tactical watch or wallet? I'm not trying to be a smarta$$, i'm really curious as to what that is...

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

Old 09-23-2009, 05:59 AM   #7

It was a joke, if you look in the gun rags everything is "tactical" now, socks, wallets,....door knobs, chewing gum, LOL.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:10 AM   #8

Mr 1911, i agree about everything being tactical. My gear includes, but is noit limited to. Smith and Wesson 1911 Doug Koenig, mini mag light, 2 extra 8 round mags, Sog flash knife, and a set of SMith and Wesson cuffs. And No, I am not L.E., nor a wanna be. But if I get into a fist fight, I may need to restrain saomeone until L. E. does get there, and I don't want to do that on the ground in a grapple, and holding a gun on them is deadly force, and not legal unless there has been a deadly threat, in which case they wouldn't be much of a threat anyway, after taking 4 or five corbons.If you ever use deadly force, you know that you need to wait for L.E., right? same in a non deadly situation. whoever files charges first usually wins in criminal court. if you have to beat a man, file charges. It saves having the police knock on your door two days later with a warrant, all nice and legal. If you have a warrant on you, and have to appear in court on even a violent Misdomeaner, no more permit to carry until it is all sorted out, nice and legal.

NC residenta have a limited right to detain, but no practical power to make a citizens arrest. Detain them, have them arrested, and make it stick in court. saves charges on you, and a possible lawsuit to fix somebody's nasty rotten teeth that you neatly extracted for him.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:15 AM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Detonics MK VI .45 with a 2 mag belt pouch.

A LG. Sebenza with Carbon fiber grip.

Last edited by 75370; 10-30-2011 at 08:18 AM.