What's a good .380 semi auto for summer carry? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > What's a good .380 semi auto for summer carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 12:43 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts

I absolutely love my S&W bodyguard .380. If you have room in your budget, go with a sig P238. Worth checking out the Smith though.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:43 PM   #22

You should really try the Ruger LC9. It's compact, lightweight, but still has the punch of a 9mm.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #23

I carry either an old Walther PPK-S (classic pistol) or a Sig 232 which comes with probably one of the finest double action triggers. I carry both in a simple inside-waist band holster by Tagua...I can use it on my jeans, slacks or shorts. both are small, and unlike the Ruger LCP you can actually practice with them at the range and not worry about it.

"A Nation of Sheep will beget a Government of Wolves."
Edward R. Murrow

Old 02-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I love my Sig P232 loaded with MagSafe 60 grain Defender ammo. It has smooth lines and doesn't snag with the original plastic grips, but it does tend to hang up a bit with the sticky Hogue wrap around rubber grips installed. It's a .380, but has the stopping power of a .45 ACP with MagSafes pre-fragmented ammo. Pricey, but well worth the feel of it in your hand. It is a natural extension and is great for point and shoot type of firing used in a defensive attack.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Check out the Bersa .380,they make a good .380
I have the bersa .380 and it is a good carry that I got new at $279 but I found the Kel-tec P11 9mm which is the same size just a little thicker but I can carry in my pocket I got on Gunbroker for $200 and It holds 12 rounds with aftermarket mag 10 with stock mag. If you want smaller and .380 check Kel-tec

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it."

-- Abraham Lincoln, 4 April 1861

Old 02-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #26

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

As you've already figured out, the selection is mind boggling, and can be confusing if you don't have a brand preference. Figure out your budget on one and go from there. They all have different feels, so what might be good for one, isn't necessarily for another. For example, I absolutely didn't like the way the Bodyguard 380 felt in my hand. I heard this from a couple of others I know also. One post here loved it. Different likes and dislikes. I, personally, went with a Taurus TCP for my pocket gun and am quite satisfied. Before that, I had a Kel Tec P32 which I also liked. My wife has a Bersa Thunder which she loves and I also like. Kahr and Sig are great brands, but are costlier. So is Walther.

Handle a bunch and go with what feels the best and you can afford.