What would you do? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > What would you do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 12:02 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Edited....

Old 07-29-2012, 12:03 AM   #12

Liked 1983 Times on 1091 Posts
Likes Given: 1323

Quote:
Originally Posted by elglockeroloko30 View Post
If i decide not to carry at work, the only option is my safe at home. Leaving in the car is not an option were i live. In PR if you got a firearm stolen from your vehicle, chances are they will revoke your license.
I have a gun vault bolted to the floor under the driver seat of my blazer. It is quite secure. And you would not notice it unless you knew it was there.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:06 AM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

After reading previous post I would like to clarify 2 things that could be missinterpreted. First, Im not embarassed to carry a gun. What I meant is that the feeling of people knowing that I carry (when I do not want them to know), is simmillar to the feeling of being embarassed. Does that make sense? Second It is not that my job is not important to me. It is just that I dont think I will loose my job because the thruth is nobody can search me at work (at least not legally) but it can certainly cause me a lot of headaches.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:09 AM   #14
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

In my state it is illegal to even have a weapon in your car at the hospital. If your states laws are similar consider it as a government building and leave everything at home before you are arrested, fired and lose your right to carry.
Besides you surround yourself with the sick and dying as well as super bugs and nasty chemicals on a daily basis. If your safety is a concern stay the hell out of the hospital.

I don't need No stinking signature.

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 07-29-2012, 12:14 AM   #15

Liked 712 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 1949

Quote:
Originally Posted by elglockeroloko30 View Post
After reading previous post I would like to clarify 2 things that could be missinterpreted. First, Im not embarassed to carry a gun. What I meant is that the feeling of people knowing that I carry (when I do not want them to know), is simmillar to the feeling of being embarassed. Does that make sense? Second It is not that my job is not important to me. It is just that I dont think I will loose my job because the thruth is nobody can search me at work (at least not legally) but it can certainly cause me a lot of headaches.
Ok, I understand what you mean.
In that case buy a smaller gun if you are sure that you want to carry. I carry a Glock 19 which is identical is size, they are not compact, regardless of what the manufacturer says. A pocket pistol in a pocket holster will be much easier to conceal.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 07-29-2012, 12:21 AM   #16

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Sadly, the way we are leaving there is no such thing as a safe place. What Im already working on is moving to another hospital. I already work in 2 EDs at a 50/50 proportion (i mean the same amount of hours in each). The plan is to move completely to the nicer one within next 2 months!

Old 08-01-2012, 03:04 AM   #17

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I would still carry it but I would definately do it in a manor that theres no chance of anyone accidently seeing it. I guess its harder for guys, I at least have my purse

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, in doing so some have entertained angels without knowing it"
hebrews 13:2

Old 08-01-2012, 03:45 AM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9395 Times on 4049 Posts
Likes Given: 1476

By any chance do you know another ER Doc there in PR with the first name Jorge? If so, tell the "Polite Psycho" I said Hola!- and he would be a good person to talk with.

I ran the police dept for a hospital with a busy ER/ Trauma Center, so I understand where you are coming from- BUT- their house, their rules. I WOULD see if there is a way that I could STORE my sidearm in the hospital (with security staff?) If you are in violation of house rules, and are terminated, that will go in your personnel records.

While it is easier to get a job when you are a physician than if you are a welder, it is NOT easier to get a job when you are telling prospective employers that you were fired for REPEATEDLY violating workplace rules on guns.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:57 AM   #19

Liked 108 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysKelly
He who signs the pay check makes the rules. I hate to tell anyone this but I suggest you leave the gun at home.

Only option I can think of just brainstorming; do you have a good rapport with your boss? Do you have lockers at the hospital? Maybe you could sit down with him and tell him you carry out of fear for your safety and ask if it is OK to bring your gun to work but leave it locked in a locker. At least then you have it on your way to and from work and in and out of the building.
Not sure of the laws where you're at, but in wa, you can carry in a hospital ONLY with written permission from the head administrator of the building. I recommend familiarizing yourself with the laws of your area, including federal, and see what loop holes are there, or leave it at home and pray for the best.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:08 AM   #20

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
By any chance do you know another ER Doc there in PR with the first name Jorge? If so, tell the "Polite Psycho" I said Hola!- and he would be a good person to talk with.

I ran the police dept for a hospital with a busy ER/ Trauma Center, so I understand where you are coming from- BUT- their house, their rules. I WOULD see if there is a way that I could STORE my sidearm in the hospital (with security staff?) If you are in violation of house rules, and are terminated, that will go in your personnel records.

While it is easier to get a job when you are a physician than if you are a welder, it is NOT easier to get a job when you are telling prospective employers that you were fired for REPEATEDLY violating workplace rules on guns.
Do you know his last name or in which area does
he works? The program director of the residency i trained is named Jorge Falcon. Also have a collegue named Jorge Lopez...