Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > What would you do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #21
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2235 Times on 1119 Posts
Likes Given: 1146

Personally at this point in time I agree with following the rules. However I think that any University that would not permit their security force, *with proper training/force education, annual training and qualification requirements not to carry is totally ignorant! I think of Virginia and the recent event with the Congresswoman Giffords. If someone there especialy a trained person would have had a weapon the effect would have been at least minimized by resolving the issue by dusting the idiot. That would also save the cost to us the tax payer, of legal cost and forever housing of those who do such stupid and horrific acts. Of course I hope he gets the death penalty but he probably will not! What a tragedy both events were! My heart and prayers go out to all their families. And I hope the Congresswoman fully or as much as possible recovers. Despite my political differences with her she was also an avid supporter of our Second Amendment Rights! Hopefully she will remain with that view despite her horrific experience. And realize that it was an act of a total idiot.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:24 PM   #22

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Simple answer yes. My life is worth more then any job

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 01-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #23

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I go with the majority. Get a different job. I would Never pin a target on my chest without being armed at the least.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:40 PM   #24

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I turned down a security job once because they would not let me carry. Even though I have a CCL and am licensed by the state as an armed guard. I told them I would not put myself in a position that would cause a bad guy to want to hurt/kill me, not without being able to defend myself.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 01-24-2011, 03:16 AM   #25

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Employer sets the rules. If you are not allowed to and do carry and get caught, be prepared to accept the consezuences.

Newest Threads