What weapon do u conceal!!!!! - Page 86
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > What weapon do u conceal!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 06:02 PM   #851
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 50 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanKaz View Post
M&P Shield 9mm in a Desantis Cozy Partner holster. I'll be getting my Glock 27 soon. If it's not too hard to conceal, it may become my primary carry weapon.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Firearms Talk mobile app
P.S. an interesting fact. The Desantis Cozy Partner that carries my Shield is also made for the Glock 27.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Firearms Talk mobile app
Old 02-20-2014, 02:02 AM   #852

Liked 36 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threetango View Post
The Elsie Pea is a good little gun but has some jump to it when you shoot it.

If you have the finances and want a good, smooth shooting .380 look at the Sig Sauer P238.
Update....
Didn't have the finances.
Bought the LCP. Didn't jump really bad imo. And carries good. Better than a full BERSA 380 Thunder, in good ol' Fl.

Old 02-20-2014, 02:55 AM   #853

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Usually a glock 26 on my hip and/or a p238 in my pocket

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Old 02-20-2014, 11:23 AM   #854

Location: In a little town on the east coast of Florida across the river from the VAB.
Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Cool Avatar, Riverg420. Saw the movie. Liked it. It was just as good the second time I saw it.

Either this Customized Kimber Pro Carry HD II (under construction)

Or this Customized Kimber Pro Carry SLE

In this home made holster

on my right hip under a tucked out shirt.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:36 AM   #855

Liked 284 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelonegunman View Post
Cool Avatar, Riverg420. Saw the movie. Liked it. It was just as good the second time I saw it.

Either this Customized Kimber Pro Carry HD II (under construction)

Or this Customized Kimber Pro Carry SLE

In this home made holster

on my right hip under a tucked out shirt.
On your pro carry 2, why does the slide and trigger look like it has pitting? I'm sure it's a custom finish but I've never seen that. Could you post more detailed or a closer shot of the slide for me please?

Old 02-20-2014, 04:22 PM   #856
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

For anybody leery of a mini .380, that's what Curtis Reeves, the theater vigilante used to kill that dastardly texter with one shot to the chest.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:36 PM   #857
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4845 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 1462

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
For anybody leery of a mini .380, that's what Curtis Reeves, the theater vigilante used to kill that dastardly texter with one shot to the chest.
And I believe it hit (texter) Oulson's wife's hand before entering Oulson .

NSDQ

AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 02-22-2014, 09:18 PM   #858

Location: In a little town on the east coast of Florida across the river from the VAB.
Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk View Post
On your pro carry 2, why does the slide and trigger look like it has pitting? I'm sure it's a custom finish but I've never seen that. Could you post more detailed or a closer shot of the slide for me please?
My apologies fupuk, but I could have sworn that I answered your question, but I can't seem to find where I did! So I will now.

M14sROCK coined the term "Hammered" so I'm calling the technique the hammered look. It's easy to do with just a Dremel tool, a bamboo skewer, and some course polishing compound or even valve lapping compound. The technique looks best on high polished surfaces so I first polished the slide to almost a mirrored finish. Then I took a bamboo skewer (I've used other things) and cut a short length then trimmed one end to fit the chuck of my Dremel then chucked it in the tool. I dipped the end of the skewer into the course grit polishing compound then stated rapidly tapping the polished surface. I frequently dipped the skewer in the polishing grit because the less the grit the lighter the strikes are. I went over the slide enough times to say it was "fully" covered then stopped. If you try and cover every inch of the slide it looks like mud! But by varying certain factors, such as the size of the applicator, the shape of the tip of the applicator, the speed of the "tapping" and the technique, that is tapping vs. dragging vs. "writing", you can make all kinds of different patterns.

The most interesting thing about the finish is that the surface looks layered. If you hold the gun in the light and move it in a rocking motion the "lower layer" appears to move! Sometime it even disappears! Wild. But it's motion picture shy. I've tried to capture it on camera, but I'm not a pro photographer.

Hope this answers your question.

John

Old 02-23-2014, 03:09 AM   #859
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

This is probably my favorite ccw piece. Colt lightweight stainless commander. Grips are mosaic checkering by esmerelda. I've replaced the extended ambi-safety with a standard one. Fitted it myself. I use a serpa holster for owb carry. One of the neatest things with these grips is they will hold the plunger tube on if it shoots loose meaning your gun won't lockup. The grips aren't smooth and give a nice rough surface in case they get wet from rain blood(if your hit) or sweat. I've also removed the series 80 firing pin safety for reliability reasons.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 02-23-2014 at 03:14 AM.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:16 AM   #860

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts

A Bersa Thunder .32 IWB (same size as the .380) or else a Beretta Bobcat .22lr in pocket, or both.