Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > What weapon do u conceal!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 01:35 AM   #441
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapgunsmith77 View Post
i carry the xdm in 9mm in a shoulder holster gives me 51 total rounds with the extra mag holders , two 19 rounders and one 13 round mag
Shoulder holsters are the most manliest thing ever, please tell me you also wear polyester leisure suits as well like dirty harry?

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:50 AM   #442

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus

Shoulder holsters are the most manliest thing ever, please tell me you also wear polyester leisure suits as well like dirty harry?
Yeah. But only when my wife is feeling frisky... Lol
Old 12-11-2012, 06:08 AM   #443

Liked 279 Times on 243 Posts

Firestar M43 9mm & Cobra 9mm Derringer.

forumrunner_20121210_230714.jpg   forumrunner_20121210_230730.jpg  

Old 12-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #444
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1338 Times on 791 Posts
Likes Given: 3322

HEY!!!

I too have a shoulder holster. I use it for either my .40 Px4 or .45 PT1911.

I figure that if the women folk can have multiple pairs of shoes, I can have multiple styles of holsters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 12-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #445

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
I prefer the aviator glasses and fu manchu look, a la Cochese from Sabotage .
Old 12-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #446

Liked 255 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 185

I used to carry my Ruger SR9 full size in a serpa, but now I carry a Taurus TCP .380 with regular HP ammo iwb. I was gonna get the federal hydroshocks but I talked to a Leo friend that said he advised a standard HP for defense due to legal issues. He said there might not be any law about it but a prosecutor can make a case that you were out to kill and just looking for the chance to murder someone with the specialty rounds. Don't know how much truth there is to that but I feel comfortable with plain Jane HP.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #447

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin556 View Post
I used to carry my Ruger SR9 full size in a serpa, but now I carry a Taurus TCP .380 with regular HP ammo iwb. I was gonna get the federal hydroshocks but I talked to a Leo friend that said he advised a standard HP for defense due to legal issues. He said there might not be any law about it but a prosecutor can make a case that you were out to kill and just looking for the chance to murder someone with the specialty rounds. Don't know how much truth there is to that but I feel comfortable with plain Jane HP.
I've never been fond of Taurus. Too many QC issues for my tast. Ruger is my #1 name closely followed by Springfield. I'm not crazy about .380 for edc either. Its a personal opinion, but i dont think it has enough power to be as effective as you might need. My standard is 9mm at least.

But as i said, its just my opinion. If it works for you, then great.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #448

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncampbell View Post

I've never been fond of Taurus. Too many QC issues for my tast. Ruger is my #1 name closely followed by Springfield. I'm not crazy about .380 for edc either. Its a personal opinion, but i dont think it has enough power to be as effective as you might need. My standard is 9mm at least.

But as i said, its just my opinion. If it works for you, then great.
I agree with you on Taurus having qc issues, but I've had that out of many different brands. I don't even look at brand anymore. If I find a weapon I like I buy it and test it. If it doesn't meet my standards ( and believe me I can get pretty rough with things) then I sale it as soon as possible.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #449

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin556 View Post

I agree with you on Taurus having qc issues, but I've had that out of many different brands. I don't even look at brand anymore. If I find a weapon I like I buy it and test it. If it doesn't meet my standards ( and believe me I can get pretty rough with things) then I sale it as soon as possible.
The reason i like the brands is three fold. Their QC is awesome, their firearms are durable & reliable, and their customer service is immaculate.

Last edited by ScottA; 12-12-2012 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Fixed that for you.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #450

If I'm buying new I generally look at brands more but most of my gun buying is from individuals. I run a family owned diesel shop and I have customers come in all the time with guns for sale and it consist of everything from cobra ent. pocket pistols to a guy a few weeks ago with a barrett 50 for sale. If I am interested in one ill pick it up for next to nothing, shoot it and check it out real good, and then if I don't like it I turn around and sale it for a profit. I haven't ever lost money on a firearm. I might have to sit on it for 2 to 4 weeks before it sales but I haven't ever had one I couldn't sale within that time. Truck drivers are notorious for impulse buys and sales. I just picked up a 1943 Mosin a week or so ago with all the little extras for 125 dollars and had another customer offer 200 for it just this morning. I turned him down cuz I actually like the Mosin. Brand isn't always everything to me. I've had 80 dollar pistols that I would put against brand name pistols any day of the week before. I'm sure its probably rare to come across things like that but being around as many people as I am I see it all the time. Had a guy come in one time hurting for money and sold me a 357 mag s&w for 350. I thought I did pretty good on it and when I got to checking it out and called s&w they ran the number and it turned out to be from the late 40's before it had a model number and it was a police issued with original holster worth around 1200. Couple days later traded it off for a long range 308 with a Springfield armory scope on it. Every firearm is differnt, so I give all of them the same teating period. You would be surprised how many no name guns will surprise you if they were just given a chance.