What weapon do u conceal!!!!! - Page 37
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > What weapon do u conceal!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 01:21 AM   #361
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Don't get me wrong. I'll carry a .380 if I have to, and I a confident in its abilities to a point. I shoot a lot more than my wife though, and I would feel better with her carrying something with a bit more authority

Old 10-20-2012, 01:58 AM   #362

Default Wasted wish

I would love to be able to carry my WWII vintage 9MM Luger once in a while, but due to firearms used in self defense being confiscated as evidence, and sometimes being 'lost' as a result, I don't dare to. If being subject to being 'lost' was not bad enough, sometimes your firearm is defaced by engraved evidence markings, or dirty from being fired and then returned to storage uncleaned. I recently read of one weapon returned severely rusted from being so poorly stored that somehow it was exposed to water on a regular basis.

Depending on where you live you may also have a very long wait for your firearm to be returned, or even be forced to resort to very expensive litigation to force the return of your own property to you. The anti-gun zealots will resort to every means they can to try and prevent you from carrying, and punish you if you do. God forbid you actually use a firearm in self defense, you should be punished severely for not meekly submitting like the helpless sheep they want you to be. {{{SIGH}}} So sad.

Face the sun and the shadows will fall behind you.
Proud NRA member
It is not paranoia if they really are out to get you!!! And the anti-gun zealots are hell bent on disarming every one of us!!!

Old 10-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #363
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1227 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I have a J Frame 38 I carry in a Don Hume pocket holster, or a Ruger SR9c in a Don Hume IWB, or a M&P Shield in a kydex M&P axquired at a gun show.

The kydex holster is great. You don't even notice the gun on your hip, and I need a better belt for it.

The SR9c is a tad larger, and with a shot belt, I don't carry it as much as it sags and starts to print. I need to replace that belt!

What I carry depends on what I am doing. Coming from work if I stop at a store, I use the J Frame as it disappears in a pocket. On the weekend or at night, I use the Shield as it is easily concealed by a shirt worn outside the pants. In colder weather (not often here in Florida) I use the Ruger.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #364

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I carry my 9mm XD subcompact in my Galco Triton Kydex IWB Holster, 99% of the time.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #365

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

9mm XDSC in a Cross Breed Super Tuck, love both

Old 10-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #366

Liked 259 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 366

S&W 627 pro .357 mag 8 shot and boy do you know you have it too. Appendix carry at 1 O'clock isn't very comfortable sitting down . But standing up it's not bad at all.

627.jpg  

Old 10-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #367

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Carry conceal is no place to cut cost. Find something that fits your weapon and fits your body and pony up or keep it at home. I have several holsters but my favorite for my Glock 23 is the Half Breed in horse hide. it's equally comfortable in summer with no undershirt or in fall/winter with more layers than I care to mention for a Wisconsin boy. I have carried for more than 12 hours with no discomfort. BUT... I am 6-2 and 240 pounds. What works for me might not work for you. Spend some time checking out your options and try on what you can. Your best bet is a shop that provides CCW training with Law Enforcement participation. They carry back up on duty and their own all day long.

Good luck, keep safe!

Old 10-23-2012, 01:50 AM   #368

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayn3r
Carry conceal is no place to cut cost. Find something that fits your weapon and fits your body and pony up or keep it at home. I have several holsters but my favorite for my Glock 23 is the Half Breed in horse hide. it's equally comfortable in summer with no undershirt or in fall/winter with more layers than I care to mention for a Wisconsin boy. I have carried for more than 12 hours with no discomfort. BUT... I am 6-2 and 240 pounds. What works for me might not work for you. Spend some time checking out your options and try on what you can. Your best bet is a shop that provides CCW training with Law Enforcement participation. They carry back up on duty and their own all day long.

Good luck, keep safe!
IDK... I have a Blackhawk! Holster I paid $20 for and it's golden. It's very concealable, it's fast, and it just works. I do agree that if that doesn't work, you should get good product. I carry a small pistol in the BH. When I was carrying my SP-01, I carried in a Comp-Tac that ran nearly $100...

Old 10-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #369

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

My new carry.... anybody have ideas on universal iwb holsters?

forumrunner_20121023_093541.jpg

Old 10-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #370

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppingpower
My new carry.... anybody have ideas on universal iwb holsters?
I try to avoid universal holsters because of retention issues. You spent good money on the gun so don't go cheap in the holster department