Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > What weapon do u conceal!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #271
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiver35

Have you shot it yet? I have to send mine in for ejector repairs! Bad FTE issues.
I am going to shoot again this morning. I shot 100 rounds the night I got it and had 5 FTE's and 1 FTF. Not what I expected from a Sig. That was with Winchester 115gr. Today I am trying 100 rounds of Federal and some of my carry ammo, Hornady Critical Duty. If I have similar problems, mine will be sent back as well. I trust Sig to workout the bugs, but this is the first Sig I have owned with any problems. I read online that this has been a problem for several people. The components appear well made and the size is perfect. The fit is very tight and the spring is heavy, I am hoping a little break-in is all that is required. I had to shoot 500 rounds with my Wilson Combat to workout all the kinks, but it has been flawless ever since.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #272

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockRenegade View Post
Trojan Ultra Thin....

O yea and G19 lol
Heh silly

I'll be carrying my Glock 17 Gen 4 very shortly. I know it's big, especially for me, but it seems to work inside the house.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #273

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by connectegr

I am going to shoot again this morning. I shot 100 rounds the night I got it and had 5 FTE's and 1 FTF. Not what I expected from a Sig. That was with Winchester 115gr. Today I am trying 100 rounds of Federal and some of my carry ammo, Hornady Critical Duty. If I have similar problems, mine will be sent back as well. I trust Sig to workout the bugs, but this is the first Sig I have owned with any problems. I read online that this has been a problem for several people. The components appear well made and the size is perfect. The fit is very tight and the spring is heavy, I am hoping a little break-in is all that is required. I had to shoot 500 rounds with my Wilson Combat to workout all the kinks, but it has been flawless ever since.
Range update...
This morning I shot 161 rounds. 100 Federal 115gr, 50 Tulammo 115gr, and 11 rounds of Hornady Critical Duty. Everything fed flawlessly.

Just to clarify, I bought two Sig Sauer P938's last week. The first one shot 200 rounds flawlessly. My wife though had a few problems. She had the FTE's and FTF noted above. I cleaned both guns and mine is now comfortably in my pocket. After a little online research the problems my wife had scared me a little. Apparently others have had the FTE problems and required a service trip to Sig. As I mentioned the fit on these guns is as tight as a custom gun. Before contacting Sig I wanted another trip to the range. After the initial success with today's first 100 rounds of Federal ammo, I thought maybe the gun was ammo sensitive, so I bought a box of the Tula which worked just as well. As a final confidence builder I shot a few rounds of our carry ammo.

So, I reaffirm my original post. The Sig Sauer P938 is my concealed carry choice. Great size and 9mm +P firepower.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #274

Default What I Carry

I carry a Glock .40 and a Taurus Judge

Old 08-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #275
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4571 Times on 1550 Posts
Likes Given: 1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by connectegr View Post
Range update...
This morning I shot 161 rounds. 100 Federal 115gr, 50 Tulammo 115gr, and 11 rounds of Hornady Critical Duty. Everything fed flawlessly.

Just to clarify, I bought two Sig Sauer P938's last week. The first one shot 200 rounds flawlessly. My wife though had a few problems. She had the FTE's and FTF noted above. I cleaned both guns and mine is now comfortably in my pocket. After a little online research the problems my wife had scared me a little. Apparently others have had the FTE problems and required a service trip to Sig. As I mentioned the fit on these guns is as tight as a custom gun. Before contacting Sig I wanted another trip to the range. After the initial success with today's first 100 rounds of Federal ammo, I thought maybe the gun was ammo sensitive, so I bought a box of the Tula which worked just as well. As a final confidence builder I shot a few rounds of our carry ammo.

So, I reaffirm my original post. The Sig Sauer P938 is my concealed carry choice. Great size and 9mm +P firepower.
I'm happy with my Extreme P938 and have had no problems.

NSDQ

Old 08-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #276

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threetango

I'm happy with my Extreme P938 and have had no problems.
Where did you find the pocket holster? I am using a Desantis Nemesis, but would like something with the cover piece.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #277
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4571 Times on 1550 Posts
Likes Given: 1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by connectegr View Post
Where did you find the pocket holster? I am using a Desantis Nemesis, but would like something with the cover piece.
That's an Uncle George wallet holster designed for an LCP but the P938 fits perfect in it.

http://www.unclegeorgeswalletholsters.com/Pages/default.aspx

NSDQ

Old 08-21-2012, 11:30 PM   #278

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threetango

That's an Uncle George wallet holster designed for an LCP but the P938 fits perfect in it.

http://www.unclegeorgeswalletholsters.com/Pages/default.aspx
I saw your response to another post with the holster info. I contacted Uncle George and he does not recommend his holsters for the Sig P238, P938, or any cocked and locked pistol. My search continues.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:36 AM   #279

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

M&P Shield

Old 08-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #280

Liked 59 Times on 27 Posts

My father in law just bought both Shields (.40 & 9mm)...Great Guns!...Got to shoot them both last weekend. Middle target is with my EDC Glock 27...All grouping are at 35'

photo0194.jpg   photo0197.jpg