Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > What weapon do u conceal!!!!!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #271
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
connectegr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 159
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiver35

Have you shot it yet? I have to send mine in for ejector repairs! Bad FTE issues.
I am going to shoot again this morning. I shot 100 rounds the night I got it and had 5 FTE's and 1 FTF. Not what I expected from a Sig. That was with Winchester 115gr. Today I am trying 100 rounds of Federal and some of my carry ammo, Hornady Critical Duty. If I have similar problems, mine will be sent back as well. I trust Sig to workout the bugs, but this is the first Sig I have owned with any problems. I read online that this has been a problem for several people. The components appear well made and the size is perfect. The fit is very tight and the spring is heavy, I am hoping a little break-in is all that is required. I had to shoot 500 rounds with my Wilson Combat to workout all the kinks, but it has been flawless ever since.
__________________
connectegr is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #272
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 701
Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockRenegade View Post
Trojan Ultra Thin....

O yea and G19 lol
Heh silly

I'll be carrying my Glock 17 Gen 4 very shortly. I know it's big, especially for me, but it seems to work inside the house.
__________________
Rarity is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #273
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
connectegr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 159
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by connectegr

I am going to shoot again this morning. I shot 100 rounds the night I got it and had 5 FTE's and 1 FTF. Not what I expected from a Sig. That was with Winchester 115gr. Today I am trying 100 rounds of Federal and some of my carry ammo, Hornady Critical Duty. If I have similar problems, mine will be sent back as well. I trust Sig to workout the bugs, but this is the first Sig I have owned with any problems. I read online that this has been a problem for several people. The components appear well made and the size is perfect. The fit is very tight and the spring is heavy, I am hoping a little break-in is all that is required. I had to shoot 500 rounds with my Wilson Combat to workout all the kinks, but it has been flawless ever since.
Range update...
This morning I shot 161 rounds. 100 Federal 115gr, 50 Tulammo 115gr, and 11 rounds of Hornady Critical Duty. Everything fed flawlessly.

Just to clarify, I bought two Sig Sauer P938's last week. The first one shot 200 rounds flawlessly. My wife though had a few problems. She had the FTE's and FTF noted above. I cleaned both guns and mine is now comfortably in my pocket. After a little online research the problems my wife had scared me a little. Apparently others have had the FTE problems and required a service trip to Sig. As I mentioned the fit on these guns is as tight as a custom gun. Before contacting Sig I wanted another trip to the range. After the initial success with today's first 100 rounds of Federal ammo, I thought maybe the gun was ammo sensitive, so I bought a box of the Tula which worked just as well. As a final confidence builder I shot a few rounds of our carry ammo.

So, I reaffirm my original post. The Sig Sauer P938 is my concealed carry choice. Great size and 9mm +P firepower.
__________________
connectegr is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #274
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
Default What I Carry

I carry a Glock .40 and a Taurus Judge

__________________
superglide is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #275
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Threetango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Carolina, a gun friendly state.
Posts: 2,496
Liked 4571 Times on 1550 Posts
Likes Given: 1412

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by connectegr View Post
Range update...
This morning I shot 161 rounds. 100 Federal 115gr, 50 Tulammo 115gr, and 11 rounds of Hornady Critical Duty. Everything fed flawlessly.

Just to clarify, I bought two Sig Sauer P938's last week. The first one shot 200 rounds flawlessly. My wife though had a few problems. She had the FTE's and FTF noted above. I cleaned both guns and mine is now comfortably in my pocket. After a little online research the problems my wife had scared me a little. Apparently others have had the FTE problems and required a service trip to Sig. As I mentioned the fit on these guns is as tight as a custom gun. Before contacting Sig I wanted another trip to the range. After the initial success with today's first 100 rounds of Federal ammo, I thought maybe the gun was ammo sensitive, so I bought a box of the Tula which worked just as well. As a final confidence builder I shot a few rounds of our carry ammo.

So, I reaffirm my original post. The Sig Sauer P938 is my concealed carry choice. Great size and 9mm +P firepower.
I'm happy with my Extreme P938 and have had no problems.

__________________

NSDQ

Threetango is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #276
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
connectegr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 159
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threetango

I'm happy with my Extreme P938 and have had no problems.
Where did you find the pocket holster? I am using a Desantis Nemesis, but would like something with the cover piece.
__________________
connectegr is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #277
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Threetango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Carolina, a gun friendly state.
Posts: 2,496
Liked 4571 Times on 1550 Posts
Likes Given: 1412

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by connectegr View Post
Where did you find the pocket holster? I am using a Desantis Nemesis, but would like something with the cover piece.
That's an Uncle George wallet holster designed for an LCP but the P938 fits perfect in it.

http://www.unclegeorgeswalletholsters.com/Pages/default.aspx
__________________

NSDQ

Threetango is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:30 PM   #278
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
connectegr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 159
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threetango

That's an Uncle George wallet holster designed for an LCP but the P938 fits perfect in it.

http://www.unclegeorgeswalletholsters.com/Pages/default.aspx
I saw your response to another post with the holster info. I contacted Uncle George and he does not recommend his holsters for the Sig P238, P938, or any cocked and locked pistol. My search continues.
__________________
connectegr is offline  
Phelenwolf Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:36 AM   #279
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SherB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

M&P Shield

__________________
SherB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #280
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MountaineerGlocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 116
Liked 59 Times on 27 Posts

Default

My father in law just bought both Shields (.40 & 9mm)...Great Guns!...Got to shoot them both last weekend. Middle target is with my EDC Glock 27...All grouping are at 35'

photo0194.jpg   photo0197.jpg  
__________________
MountaineerGlocker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Trying to conceal my PT111 PIMking General Handgun Discussion 11 07-12-2013 02:19 PM
WI conceal carry JonM Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 20 09-15-2011 02:02 AM
not really Conceal but effective Strongwood Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 7 03-13-2011 06:44 PM
Conceal carry question dynastyofnext Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 20 07-22-2009 01:42 AM
Do any of you conceal a S&W 4046? rbranstner Semi-Auto Handguns 5 03-06-2009 02:24 AM