What type of holster should I get?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > What type of holster should I get?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default What type of holster should I get?

I have two out of the three guns I carry needing holsters. First one is a makarov P-64 compact ( I think it's compact ), and Beretta 92FS, while these aren't very small and typically very big and heavy these, are my concealed carry guns I have permits for currently, the other I can safely store in my pocket no matter what I am wearing. The type of holster I would say ideal for the Beretta would be some type of inside hip hostler, so it's more concealed. For the makarov I have no idea what holster is best for it, the one it came with is a case, and the holster is bad. The Beretta has a belt holster right now, but just like the gun it's big, bulky and couldn't be concealed at all. Do you guys/gals have a choice as to what holsters you like for compacts and full size still concealable?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-09-2010, 11:55 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Body shape and size make a big difference on the type of holster a lot of people use. The way you dress will also affect how you carry. Purchasing a larger pair of pants is a must for IWB holsters. I am a big guy so I pretty much carry what I want. I was carrying a Sig P229 and now I am carrying a XD45.

When it comes to a IWB holster you are going to want to get something that you can wear comfortablely all day. I was using a Galco IWB before I purchase my Milt Sparks VMII. I also purchased the tuckable clips. It is one of the most comfortable holsters I have. It does not bother me when I am sitting or driving. Just make sure you get a good belt to go with your holster. It will cost you almost as much as your holster but it Is worth it. I will post some pictures of my set up when I get the chance.