what poly pocket gun should I get for my little sister? - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > what poly pocket gun should I get for my little sister?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 02:34 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I like the to know if the Walter ppq in 9mm is any good? I think she could put it in her purse pretty easy and she has no trouble shooting my Cz p01 9mm..

I herd the triggers are good on the ppq and you know the Germans make good sh@t....and I think she would love how light it is too.

There like the eco friendly usp

Old 10-11-2012, 04:04 AM   #12
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1992 Times on 1080 Posts
Likes Given: 593

It is her gun and she needs to choose it. Your job is to keep her from making a mistake. She should consider the Ruger SR9c if she is considering a Glock. It fits a smaller hand much better than the G19. My wife likes hers but your sister has to like it. You will want to lead her away from the cute little pocket pistols that are miserable to shoot. Miserable = little practice. If she wants compact, look at the Sig P238 or even the P938.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 10-11-2012, 04:17 AM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

would you want someone to choose a pistol for you to carry? if not, then why feel obligated to choose one for your sister? if she's old enough to take a CC class, then she is old enough to choose her own pistol. go with her and answer her questions, when she has them. but if it's going to be her pistol and hers to carry, then the choice needs to be what she is comfortable with. also she might suprise you in what she chooses. my wife prefers 45 acp, 40 s&w and 357 magnums! hmmm, not one of those dainty calibers! she does have a Bersa Thunder 380, simply because she likes the size of the pistol for her smaller purse.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:16 AM   #14

Liked 104 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 219

If you can, let her choose, take her to a range that has rentals, borrow from friends, and look online at options. Recently bought a family member (ok my mom) a pink lady by charter arms, based on various criteria (including color) and still of being respectable caliber in order to protect herself and my grandmother, (now she doesnt have to wait for me or cops to show up if someone tries something) but i had her look at different options, handle a couple handguns first. Your sister has to be part of the process, its gotta be something she likes.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #15

Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

I was at my local gun store and they had a nice poly .38 revolver. I really suggest that she tries a few either at a range or at least the feel of a few different ones at a gun shop. I did this with my wife, we had a hard time finding one that she could manipulate the slide on. She being a small frame delicate type. We ended up getting a Sig Sauer SP2022 in a 40 for her. It was the first choice but it was the largest caliber pistol she could manipulate.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #16

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

My wife likes to shoot my Ruger Blackhawk the most. When she has had a bad day she will get a box of 357 ammo and just cuts loose. She settles for a Kel Tec P-11 for her personal carry weapon.

When my wife was learning to shoot a pistol I tried to teach her. Things didn't go so well between us. I couldn't understand the problems she was facing. Finally, I found a ladies only shooting club. She had a few hours of range time with the ladies and she was hooked. She still shoots a couple times a month with the ladies.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-13-2012, 01:20 AM   #17

If I'm not mistaken the People's Republic of Kalifornia edition of the Shield is already available. They're worth your time to look at and consider