Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > What are my Chances for a Permit to Carry???

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhead12345 View Post
Alarm System lol, I have one. The 1st time they broke in i was at work so I didnt have my phone with me so they called me 3-4 times before dispatching the police so by that time the bg had time to take a few things and make way.
When they broke in and tied up my roommate is because we usually never set the alarm when someone is home.

I have two dogs that are lovable dogs. They would act like alarm dogs more than attack someone. But because they are so damn mischevious, when I let them roam freely when no one is home they get into everything. lol
Something else to consider...once you buy a gun you will need to secure it in your home since MD will never give you a CCW. Think about the prospect of returning home and looking down the barrel of YOUR gun...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #12

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I have to ask, why you? Are there breakins going on all over your neighborhood or just your place? Why is someone out to get you or harm you? What did you do?

I hope you get some training with your new first gun. Take some classes so you know how to handle it safely. I fear that in your paranoia, you are gonna shoot your roommate or girlfriend in confusion.

1st advice: Take gun safety classes.
2nd advice: Move
3rd advice: Find a way to secure your gun when not at home so they can't steal that as well.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:39 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

yup, I doubt you'll have your XD for long since break-ins are already established. Time to move. If you can't move, get rid of the gun unless you're prepared to secure it where it absolutely can't be gotten to and/or stolen.....you may have to face your own barrel one day if not.

I used to live in Md, moved to Texas for awhile and, when moving back, chose Pennsylvania instead of Maryland.....a longer commute for sure but a better move altogether especially when considering Maryland's archaic attitude towards self-protection. Maybe some day in Maryland but not EVER while the current political staff is protecting you!

We applied for our LTCF (License To Carry Firearms) on a Tuesday via e-mail and received word Thursday that our licenses were ready for pick up. Think Pennsylvania!

In order to become the Master, a politician must act as a servant.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:04 AM   #14
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
After looking at your last post, these guys live in your neighborhood. Go to a local electronics store and ask for some boxes. Unload what appears to be hundreds of dollars worth of NEW electronics and carry them into the house. Spend $19 on a UHaul if you want it to be more realistic. Get someone to help you carry that empty box with the virtual 60" LCD HDTV into the house, cause if you carry it by yourself they might catch on.

Leave for the day, drive two blocks away and sneak back into the house and wait for them with your cell phone and the XD. If you weren't on the opposite coast, I'd do it for you!!
This is a good idea but I want to add a few things.
1) Don't tell your room mate, I have a feeling he is in on it.
2) Forget all of this and MOVE to a nicer part of town, minus the room mate.
3) Still get the alarm.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:41 AM   #15

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Default Chances for permit CHL

I don't know if reports of breakins will "help" you obtain a CHL permit, but since you can obviously legally own a firearm, go to the net. find a state to obtain a concealed license. I'm a TX resident who will go through the Florida CWL program for my permit to carry, reason being, military background qualifies for proof of being proficient, or other means of proving you can shoot and be safe, NRA classes etc. FL also is recognized by more states than TX. Don't you guys have a "Castle" law, where you won't need a permit @ home to use a firearm for protection against home forcible robbery. In the mean time, I hope you will have the protection, provided somehow, your family needs to feel safe

Old 02-15-2011, 11:00 AM   #16

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Default chances for chl

Hi Chris, as you can already tell, you will receive good sound advice and sometimes ? My suggestion, use the good advice, forget the other. As for baiting someone to come into your home so you can kill them, forget that one, I know it's frustrating to have your stuff stolen but petty theft isn't a reason for capitol punishment. True story: IN OKC, 2001, a property owner "baited" a bldg on his property to catch a thief, told people he was going to, just so happened, 2 weeks later after trying his technique, he got his chance about 5pm one day, he shot and killed a 13year old boy for basically stealing chicken feed. Farmer got 20years, manslaughter, a family lost a young boy, was the kid wrong, yes, but he didn't deserve death from an old man with a double barrel shotgun who just wanted to taste blood and be a hero in his own mind. Good luck with your situation.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #17

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid20 View Post
buy a shotgun, do the unload boxes thing, leave the garage door open enough for someone to slide under it. Wait at night with the lights off. when hey eventually come in, bang bang. call cops. btw dead men tell no tales. or move
Great way to go to jail in a lot of states. Shooting someone over property is frowned upon by our justice system. If you are in college, I suggest you take a few law classes...

Last edited by NGIB; 02-15-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #18

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default ccw in md

yep someone hit it on the head if you can own a gun i suggest you file for your ccw in a state the receprocates like maybe virgina or nc. when i was being delayed i was going to file in fla even though i live in nc they told me it would be no problem a week later nc suddenly came up with my ccw it would be worth the drive and fill out your paper work or go online get your forms and sumbit them either by e fileing or snail mail.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #19

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilddawg1 View Post
yep someone hit it on the head if you can own a gun i suggest you file for your ccw in a state the receprocates like maybe virgina or nc. when i was being delayed i was going to file in fla even though i live in nc they told me it would be no problem a week later nc suddenly came up with my ccw it would be worth the drive and fill out your paper work or go online get your forms and sumbit them either by e fileing or snail mail.
In many (most, all?) states, a resident having a non-resident permit accomplishes nothing. Think about it for a second, if you don't qualify for a permit in your state of residence - why would that state recognize an out of state permit? Reciprocity is so state licensed folks can carry in other states that recognize their home state permit. I guarantee you that if you're a GA resident - a Florida permit is worth nothing here...

Old 02-15-2011, 02:08 PM   #20

Have to agree on the roommate being in on it, I also think the empty box setup is a great idea, I think a way around the leagal BS would to have a nice pump shotgun waitin for them with the first 2 rounds being chambered in the line of dry beans, rubber shot or good old rock salt (not intentionaly leathal)and the remainder of the feed tube filled with 00 buckjust in case the first 2 rounds didnt get your point across...

Closed Thread