Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   What are my Chances for a Permit to Carry??? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/what-my-chances-permit-carry-37942/)

lilhead12345 02-04-2011 11:01 PM

What are my Chances for a Permit to Carry???

Hi everyone, My name is Christopher White.

I just bought my 1st handgun because I feel that someone is out to get me.

I now want to apply for a permit to carry but after reading and doing some research I see that that is damn near impossible in the state of MD.

Well I got the gun for protection because it seems as if the past couple of months someone has been trying to hurt me.

I just bought my 1st house and I have been living it it for about 3 years. In the past 6-7 months my house has been broken in to 3 times with the last time being the worse. BG's came thru my window while I was at work but my roommate was home. They tied him up and proceeded to take everything of value in my home. All this happened to me led me to seek out protection. Not to mention my car was stolen but that was due to my own negligence.

Since the last break in my girlfriend and I have been afraid to sleep home because we fear that someone is trying to hurt us or may try to rob us again while we are home. It has has been so bad that that my girlfriend choices to sleep at my mothers house at times when she's afraid.

I have police reports for all 3 incidents and I just want to know how would that affect my chances to get a permit to carry.

Thank You
I live in Baltimore City
My gun of choice as of now is springfeld xd 40

Dzscubie 02-04-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilhead12345 (Post 437251)
Hi everyone, My name is Christopher White.

I just bought my 1st handgun because I feel that someone is out to get me.

I now want to apply for a permit to carry but after reading and doing some research I see that that is damn near impossible in the state of MD.

Well I got the gun for protection because it seems as if the past couple of months someone has been trying to hurt me.

I just bought my 1st house and I have been living it it for about 3 years. In the past 6-7 months my house has been broken in to 3 times with the last time being the worse. BG's came thru my window while I was at work but my roommate was home. They tied him up and proceeded to take everything of value in my home. All this happened to me led me to seek out protection. Not to mention my car was stolen but that was due to my own negligence.

Since the last break in my girlfriend and I have been afraid to sleep home because we fear that someone is trying to hurt us or may try to rob us again while we are home. It has has been so bad that that my girlfriend choices to sleep at my mothers house at times when she's afraid.

I have police reports for all 3 incidents and I just want to know how would that affect my chances to get a permit to carry.

Thank You
I live in Baltimore City
My gun of choice as of now is springfeld xd 40

lilhead,

I think the first thing I would do would be to invest in having an alarm system put in my house. You can turn the system on when you go to bed at night and if anyone breaks in the alarm sounds and the alarm monitors will call, if you donít answer they will call the police to respond.

Scubie

Squirrel_Slayer 02-04-2011 11:56 PM

I large breed dog probably wouln't be a bad investment either.

lilhead12345 02-05-2011 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzscubie (Post 437286)
lilhead,

I think the first thing I would do would be to invest in having an alarm system put in my house. You can turn the system on when you go to bed at night and if anyone breaks in the alarm sounds and the alarm monitors will call, if you donít answer they will call the police to respond.

Scubie

Alarm System lol, I have one. The 1st time they broke in i was at work so I didnt have my phone with me so they called me 3-4 times before dispatching the police so by that time the bg had time to take a few things and make way.
When they broke in and tied up my roommate is because we usually never set the alarm when someone is home.

I have two dogs that are lovable dogs. They would act like alarm dogs more than attack someone. But because they are so damn mischevious, when I let them roam freely when no one is home they get into everything. lol

dunerunner 02-05-2011 12:52 AM

Hey!! You guys to the two best ones!!

You can put in your own alarm system for about $200

Or, if you're short on cash, get a game camera like this one for $49 Wildview Ez - Cam, Big Game, G.S.M at Sportsman's Guide.

If the flash doesn't scare them off, it will blind them long enough for your to put two into center mass!

BTW, the dog doesn't have to be a large breed, small dogs are often be more fierce than a large dog, and both will wake you if anything wierd is going on.

dunerunner 02-05-2011 12:59 AM

After looking at your last post, these guys live in your neighborhood. Go to a local electronics store and ask for some boxes. Unload what appears to be hundreds of dollars worth of NEW electronics and carry them into the house. Spend $19 on a UHaul if you want it to be more realistic. Get someone to help you carry that empty box with the virtual 60" LCD HDTV into the house, cause if you carry it by yourself they might catch on.

Leave for the day, drive two blocks away and sneak back into the house and wait for them with your cell phone and the XD. If you weren't on the opposite coast, I'd do it for you!! :D

Mark F 02-05-2011 12:25 PM

Catch it on video. Setup your own home security.

Getting an XD 40? I'm not so sure this is a great idea for you... unless you are proficient with it, and you are mentally ready to possibly take a human life... if necessary. And, assuming you are financially & mentally ready for the biggest legal battle of your life.

Look at all your options first, long before you commit to the potential of deadly force.

Don't get me wrong, buddy. I have guns all over my house. I legally carry a gun, and I keep a gun in my car. My wife carries too. The difference is, we aren't carrying out of fear. We are are simply ready for the un-expected. there is a difference....

dog2000tj 02-05-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilhead12345 (Post 437251)
I live in Baltimore City

Great, you have identified the problem. Now move ;)

c3shooter 02-05-2011 03:25 PM

Chances of gettin a CCW in the city of Body-more? About the same chance that Irving Goldschmidt has of becoming Pope.

Actually, Irving may have a BETTER chance.

winch 02-06-2011 05:12 PM

No way you are gonna get a CCW permit in MD. Maybe after you have been shot 3 or 4 times they will consider your request.