What if it is not registered to me?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > What if it is not registered to me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 01:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default What if it is not registered to me?

So lets say that I have a 1911 and I have a concealed weapons and I am forced to shoot this guy. Now the 1911 is not registered to me what will happen? I assume the the police take the weapon to ensure that it is the weapons used in the defense act. It is a no no to carry something that your name is not attached to?

I live in FL if that makes a difference.

-Uchahi

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-09-2010, 02:30 AM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Is gun registration required in Florida?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-09-2010, 02:45 AM   #3

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

This is the one facet of the AMerican gun owner that drives me bat sh** crazy!

There is only ONE federally mandated registration in the United States. NFA Class 3 weapons, IE, full auto and burst fire guns manufactured before 1986

A few, and I mean 2(?) states require a "registration" of guns. Ilinois and Mass.

Any one person on here who doesnt reside in those states, who tells you they have a registered gun(other than NFA class 3), or have ever registered a gun, is either ignorant, or just copying some ignorant individual they listened to.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 03-09-2010, 03:01 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Regeeerstered.........we don need no stinkin' regeesteered!!

Old 03-09-2010, 06:27 AM   #5

You always hear the registration thing in movies also. Every time I hear it I have to laugh. You know it's the liberal hollywood producers/directors that just assume gun registration.

MotorG20

Old 03-09-2010, 07:43 AM   #6

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchahi View Post
So lets say that I have a 1911 and I have a concealed weapons and I am forced to shoot this guy. Now the 1911 is not registered to me what will happen? I assume the the police take the weapon to ensure that it is the weapons used in the defense act. It is a no no to carry something that your name is not attached to?

I live in FL if that makes a difference.

-Uchahi
Don't know but assuming the weapon you carry needs to be listed or associated with your CCW you may have some problems. Someone with a Florida CCW will surely chime in with the proper info.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-09-2010, 12:43 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
This is the one facet of the AMerican gun owner that drives me bat sh** crazy!

There is only ONE federally mandated registration in the United States. NFA Class 3 weapons, IE, full auto and burst fire guns manufactured before 1986

A few, and I mean 2(?) states require a "registration" of guns. Ilinois and Mass.

Any one person on here who doesnt reside in those states, who tells you they have a registered gun(other than NFA class 3), or have ever registered a gun, is either ignorant, or just copying some ignorant individual they listened to.
So far as I know, Illinois does not require registration of firearms, only Chicago. Or at least, Chicago requires handguns to be registered.

Michigan requires handguns to be registered. Illinois registers the firearms owners, with their Firearms Owners' ID card. (FOID).

Big Gay Al
coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
"Of course I carry a gun, you would too if you were called Big Gay Al"

Old 03-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #8

If the gun is actually registered to someone else, as opposed to not being registered at all, I would NEVER carry it or keep it in my home. Even if it's "not registered at all;" what if it at some point in time was used in a robbery, or lord forbid, a murder?

I'm not a lawyer, but I can see a literal worm's nest with holes in your civil defense case were you to use a firearm not your own for concealed carry and in a possible defense shooting.

The only exception I can see is if the gun belongs to someone in your immediate family.

Things to think about before you Open Carry
Read this before you decide to carry!

Old 03-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Except for those particular states, I don't see it as a problem. Heck, my duty carry Glock 19 is not "registered" to me. Bought it second hand in a face to face deal. I have no clue who the original owner was.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 03-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

In arkansas I qualified with an autoloader. I can carry as many revolvers or auto's I want and it doesn't matter who's it is or where I got it.